Just finished shock swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put ‘em on and let us know!

I went with mid perch from TSW for the rebuilds. I can’t speak to bottom perch ride quality as the original shocks were blown when I got the truck used so I have no baseline to go off of.

Bulldog15

Reaction score
How does mid perch with new springs feel? At highway speeds I'm all over the road. That was my thinking on going to low perch and new springs.

Bulldog15

Reaction score
Struts are on! Thank you Texas shocks!! Had the "c" rebuild on mid perch. Best ride the truck has ever had!! Excellent customer service there, and that's a difficult thing to find nowadays!! Thanks again Texas shock works!!!

OP
OP
J

Justbob

Reaction score
Update to this thread. I got my original shocks rebuilt by Forged a few months back. One of the fronts rebuilt by TSW was leaking within 5,000 (easy miles). They asked for a picture and never responded to multiple emails after I sent it. Forge suggested that the TSW may have been overfilled with nitrogen. I set the new shocks at low perch and the front only dropped an inch so still looks close to level. The ride is MUCH better. I still have the TSW rears on and the back end still hops out more than I originally remember but I am thinking a set of Deavers and Gen 2 shocks would be the better option than another rebuild.

SCSVT

Reaction score
Update to this thread. I got my original shocks rebuilt by Forged a few months back. One of the fronts rebuilt by TSW was leaking within 5,000 (easy miles). They asked for a picture and never responded to multiple emails after I sent it. Forge suggested that the TSW may have been overfilled with nitrogen. I set the new shocks at low perch and the front only dropped an inch so still looks close to level. The ride is MUCH better. I still have the TSW rears on and the back end still hops out more than I originally remember but I am thinking a set of Deavers and Gen 2 shocks would be the better option than another rebuild.
I have about 10k miles on some TSW rebuilt rears (went new in front but no new rears were available nationwide at the time). So far am happy with the TSW rebuilds, no issues and the rear is riding like it was right after install. 38 psi tire pressure all around, and I do like to keep 100 - 150 lbs in the bed to stabilize the truck