Just a warning for those tuning gen3s.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
While I can’t say for sure on the ‘21 Raptor since I haven’t tried, I’ve already used forscan to change several modules in my ‘21 Explorer ST.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it would look to be a 50/50 chance. We can probably tell from what the F-150 crowd has been able to do.

OP
OP
T

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@tooldrmr2009 What is your take on the aftermarket tune warranties like the Stage 3 Warranty on the 5-Star tunes? Ever seen them used?
actually have not seen or dove into many of these so not fully sure. I am sure theres going to be a grey area just like any warranty company. We've had a lot of aftermarket warranties get sold when customers bought used vehicles get denied transmission issues due to lift kits and wheels/tires, Engine work get denied due to exhaust and various other things. Im sure there is a grey area ect. Ive already decided the only way I am tuning my gen 3 is if Ford Performance comes out with something like their PROCAL as their warranty has been just as good as Roush and any of the other factory modded sold units.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw a post on ig raptor connection
said first tuned gen3. Has Cobb or another tuner got into the pcm yet ? Anybody got info ?
im on the fence with the gen 3 until I know it’s gonna be able to be tuned. My gen2 stage2 tune still makes me smile .

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livernoise tuned a 21 F150... very early in the game though, and it was just basic tuning to see if they could do it. Will be a little while until proven tunes are out there IMO.