Jumping my Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PS94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is completely stock.
After seeing how hard the front end stuffs on landing that little jump...I don't know if I'll be jumping her too much....:/

And GJMcManus....Stole your screen shot for my avatar! :)

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On this particular jump/day/etc... Yes..

Which a 50 raptor owners can attest to at the Texas Raptor Run. The course/jumps changed from day to day.. From smooth the first day, to rutted the second day, and sloppy mess the third.

With the steepness/shallowness of this ramp he is getting to the point mods are neccessary.. Witnessed by the complete compression of front suspension and a rebound hard enough to lift all four tires off the ground.

-Greg

OP
OP
Dkyacht

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for adding the video, and Greg your break down of what was done wrong was really a big help.

If you aren't gonna be doing HUGE jumps and are already on mid perch how necessary or important are frame supports and bumpstops? Is it more about if your doing the right jumps the right way? Meaning nice long slope jump hit at the right speed.

Dave.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for adding the video, and Greg your break down of what was done wrong was really a big help.

If you aren't gonna be doing HUGE jumps and are already on mid perch how necessary or important are frame supports and bumpstops? Is it more about if your doing the right jumps the right way? Meaning nice long slope jump hit at the right speed.

Dave.

That is a hornets nest of a question right there..

Yes and no...

In a perfect/controlled world (like raptor round ups) where the jumps are designed for the truck (long table top type jumps) you can jump all day (not taking in account for shock fade). And never have an issue with frame bending..

In the real world, no... Because the places we decide to jump our raptors are not designed to be jumped. They are nature made (hills, berms, etc) or man made objects with no thought of jumping.
Jump it one way is perfectly fine and the other way g-out the rear suspension and bend the frame.

If you plan on jumping at all, frame support at minimum.. better safe than sorry..

*** I am not trying to ***** anyone by saying get a frame support.. Just going off what FRF members said after TRR***
-Greg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dkyacht

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there 1 frame support you recommend over another? I know it was a loaded question btw, very politically correct answer! Thanks.

Dave.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends on budget...

from lowest to highest
Sdhq $100 (frame support only)
ADD$700 (frame support only)
RPG stage 1 $799 (rear from support, able to upgrade)
Outlaw $1499 (support + bumpstops)
RPG stage 2 $1499 (support + bumpstops)
ADD $2200 (support + bumpstops)
RPG stage 3 $2499 (support +bumpstops + rear springs)
RPG stage 4 $4499 (support + bumpstops + rear springs + rear fox 3.0 shocks)
RPG stage 4+ $6799 (support + bumpstops + rear springs + front and rear fox 3.0 shocks)

I decided on RPG system because of the complete upgradability.. The RPG system is design as a complete package, you can step up by adding to what you already have installed..

-Greg

OP
OP
Dkyacht

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow what a disappointment! We went out the the Everglades today with full intent on jumping. The first spot had just been graded so no launch ramp on my cattle guard. 2nd spot had 3 Florida Wildlife officials at it. Finally settled on a little jump and only got like a foot and a half of air maybe!

Did get lots of good video of some high speed runs, donuts, and some small steep hill climbs and decents. I'll work on the vid tonight and post as soon as it's done. What a let down!! I need to find jumps in South Florida...

Dave.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jump infront of the rangers. They wont catch ya. I "know a guy" who outran some rangers at Hungry Valley. Took off on the dirtroad in front of them and never looked back. Not sure if they kept up past all the dust. Hit 90+ MPH on that lil back road :) Hopped on the freeway and it was smooth sailin'. "The guy I know" that is....