RPM's jumping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimTim

Reaction score
Hi ya'll. I believe someone experienced this before me. Tried to find it info but something went wrong with me
I have 2018 Raptor I bought it few weeks ago and just noticed - when truck is parked and idling ( cold/hot, ac on/off, start stop on/off) - RPM jump up to 1000, then still up few seconds and then drops back to normal and again and again...
This never happens when truck in N, D or when brakes on. No CEL, no faults codes ( I checked by Forscan )
Any advices will be appreciated.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with idle issues.

How many miles? When were the plugs changed? Tuned or stock? Stock air box or aftermarket? Sounds like a vacuum leak.

OP
OP
TimTim

TimTim

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with idle issues.

How many miles? When were the plugs changed? Tuned or stock? Stock air box or aftermarket? Sounds like a vacuum leak.

I have 2018 55K miles. completely stock yet.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
when truck is parked and idling ( cold/hot, ac on/off, start stop on/off) - RPM jump up to 1000, then still up few seconds and then drops back to normal and again and again...
This never happens when truck in N, D or when brakes on

that sounds like a vacuum leak. Under the hood, is your air intake plumbing connected -and- intact?

Any aftermarket parts or mods?
Any difference in RPM if you shift from D to R, foot on the brake?
how about when you turn the steering wheel lock to lock with foot on brake?

OP
OP
TimTim

TimTim

Reaction score
that sounds like a vacuum leak. Under the hood, is your air intake plumbing connected -and- intact?

Any aftermarket parts or mods?
Any difference in RPM if you shift from D to R, foot on the brake?
how about when you turn the steering wheel lock to lock with foot on brake?

Truck completely stock, no mods. RPM only playing up and back to normal while in P. When foot on the brake everything is normal no issues with RPM.
Under the hood everything looks connected. I thought maybe MAF sensor is dirty - I clean up this one which is closer to filter and another on the top back of the engine. No result.

I would take it to the dealership eventually if could it figure out. Just doesn't want to leave the truck for a few days