JL Audio Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same with different front/rears and a different signal processor. I am REALLY curious to hear feedback on the stealthbox.

griffinoil

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Focal K2 Power KRX3

Boss Hoss - I can't find these for less than $1899.00

Where did you get them for under $1000?

Thanks.

griffinoil

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boss Hoss,

Did you put these in the front and rear and how are you powering them?

What about additional tweets in the A Pillars?

Are you in a Super Crew?

Thanks!

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SCREW----They are in the front. Tweets in Pillar near factory mounted ones (disconnected). Using a PDX 4.150 bridged. Sub is a JL 13.5 uses T1000, factory sub uses a JL 8in (modified factory box) don't remember the amp--old JL slash I had from a previous install 200w

Rear doors are fill pretty much and I don't even remember what we used. They are turned way down----this is my 7th crew cab and the really sick systems I installed in the past proved this out. Like the Focals a lot -- my last truck had the 660 GTI's in the front but ran more power.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dolfanatic1399

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCREW----They are in the front. Tweets in Pillar near factory mounted ones (disconnected). Using a PDX 4.150 bridged. Sub is a JL 13.5 uses T1000, factory sub uses a JL 8in (modified factory box) don't remember the amp--old JL slash I had from a previous install 200w

Rear doors are fill pretty much and I don't even remember what we used. They are turned way down----this is my 7th crew cab and the really sick systems I installed in the past proved this out. Like the Focals a lot -- my last truck had the 660 GTI's in the front but ran more power.

Thats sounds like one ear bleeding system. Would love to here it.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

griffinoil

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boss Hoss,

Couple mores questions - promise these are the last:

Is that a JL 13.5 TW5 sub you are using? I was considering that one, but thought I might need to find two 10" subs to keep the bass cleaner. How do you like it?

Would the tweets from the Focals not fit into the factory holes from the existing tweets?

I have read where some are putting additional tweeters in the A pillar, in addition to keeping the tweeters in the replacement door speakers. Any thoughts here?

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually after just getting back from running around the tweets are in the plastic area in the corner of the door about 2inches below and an couple of inches to the rear of the factory install. The Focal's tweets will not come close to fitting. The factory stuff is garbage and you do not want to use it at all. My setup will cause pain with certain songs at high levels (focal demo disk has a song with a lot of piano that will make you feel pain) ...

Just depends on what you want---mine when it was finished was about 5k. Put it this way about using the 8 and the 13.5--it does not suck. All of the mirrors will shake like a dog passing peach pits and the balls tingle lol. Have to get everything tuned/adjusted just right because distortion sucks and destroys equipment. I pound the TW5's and they are tight as they were after they broke in! The biggest key to the subs is to have the perfect size box built to get the best performance and I have 2 separate 2ga power wires one goes to the T1000 (came with a test sheet that showed a little over 1200w output at rated distortion). Got to feed the amps to make them put out!!

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Thats sounds like one ear bleeding system. Would love to here it.

HAHAHAH it is-----the boys from RPG got to sit in it while we were working on the truck at the run. They were just shaking thier heads... It will hurt you if you don't know what is coming up lol. SDL and SQL----if it is too loud then you are too old!!

I listen to everything from old school rap to Steve Vai....:grd:

OP
OP
dolfanatic1399

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn went in a shopping rampage huh lol I'd like to upgrade the sound system myself. Letting the daughter take it to prom huh I bet her date is going to be surprised and say damn your dad is badass!!!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ljui5q
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a6b503ea-daf3-750a.jpg
a6b503ea-db12-b66a.jpg

My daughter with her friends on prom night. She was so excited to get to take the Raptor. And yes, they thought my truck was bad ass. Gave her two rules to follow. Wear your seat belts and no hot rodding. We all know the 2nd one will be broken tonight.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
What an awesome dad you are. I'm so not looking forward to my baby girl growing up. Right now I'm thinking 21 might be a good age to start dating.

Did you tell her "don't let your date drive my Raptor"?:driver: