Jack/wheel chock placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in utter amazement that someone actually utilizes that worthless thing. I learned real quick to bring a 3 ton floor jack and a impact wrench.

Makes changing a tire easy and fast (I also heard it makes child birth a breeze...:)).

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While any oem jack is kind of worthless, if you use your head and properly support the jack and vehicle it will work.

I agree, I just don't like to see anyone (especially a Raptor brother) go thru the misery... LOL!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I retire and move and still have a Raptor and go on off-roading treks, than I will have the proper gear.
I do keep a 21mm lug socket, 3" extension and a 15" breaker bar in my truck at all times,
and a complete truck tire repair kit.
I can't see carrying a big jack for just street driving for now.

And I'll most likely get something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RY5NTK/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Last edited:
OP
OP
JLAKE4130

JLAKE4130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rather then start a new thread i figured i try to piggy-back off this one first. So the big a$$ rock that took out the sidewall of my tire (and dented the beadlock ring) apparently blew my shock (pass side front) as well. I have a nice puddle of shock oil on my garage floor and the shock and lower a-arm are covered too.
Before i buy a new shock from rockauto i was wondering if my Ford ESP would cover the shock? Or if its even worth the time and hassle?? What do you guys think?

Has anyone purchased the replacement shocks from rock auto? Do they come charged with Nitrogen and ready to go?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Premium ESP says "MacPhearson Struts" are covered. Sound like Raptor shocks would not be covered. Might as well ask though.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shocks are considered a wear item, if you have over 50,000 on them they probably won't cover it.
But try anyway, are they going to see the damage to the rim?

It even states in the owners manual to rebuild the shocks at 25,000 with 50% off-roading and rebuild at 50,000

I would replace both front shocks not just one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JLAKE4130

JLAKE4130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ESP will not cover it. Kinda figured as much so i ordered 1 new one from Rock auto. Plan is to rebuild the leaking one eventually and swap in onto the driver side. This way both front shocks will be fresh with minimal down time on the truck.