IWE inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
So I went ahead and ordered 2 new actuators, 2 hub assemblys, vacuum line, and vacuum solenoid. Just gonna replace it all. Wasn't to bad either- less than $400.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, do the hubs come with bearings and iwe's already installed? That's a wicked price. Where you buy from??

Are you going to install yourself?

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The iwe installs on the opposite side of the knuckle to the hub. One tip when brake it all down brake the hub bolts free before braking the knuckle from the control arm it will make your day much better.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
So, do the hubs come with bearings and iwe's already installed? That's a wicked price. Where you buy from??

Are you going to install yourself?

RockAuto for the hub assy and actuators. Tasca for the vacuum lines and solenoid.

The iwe installs on the opposite side of the knuckle to the hub. One tip when brake it all down brake the hub bolts free before braking the knuckle from the control arm it will make your day much better.

Too late.:ROFLJest:

I did find that you have to unbolt the actuator before you can get the half shaft out for clearance. I didnt want to mess with unbolting it from the axle housing.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Do you have part numbers?

Solenoid- 7L1Z-9H465-B
Vacuum Tube- AL3Z-7A785-E
Actuator- 600105(600-105) Dorman
Hub Assy- SP550217 Timken

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Use RockAuto's discount code from their last post here!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RockAuto for the hub assy and actuators. Tasca for the vacuum lines and solenoid.

Too late.:ROFLJest:

I did find that you have to unbolt the actuator before you can get the half shaft out for clearance. I didnt want to mess with unbolting it from the axle housing.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Solenoid- 7L1Z-9H465-B
Vacuum Tube- AL3Z-7A785-E
Actuator- 600105(600-105) Dorman
Hub Assy- SP550217 Timken

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Use RockAuto's discount code from their last post here!
So, I don't see you mentioning replacing the iwe's in your parts list? Are you calling them something else? Let's be clear here, for us less fortunate fellows who can't read between the lines :), are you not replacing the iwe's after all this?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score