IWE check valve storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMO, no need to carry this in the truck since it fails "safe", ie vacuum failure locks the front hubs. This won't leave you stranded, so no need to have one on hand. Could even drive around in 4a for weeks or months without a problem.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I have an extra where the stock jack came because why not it takes 5 min to replace.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, no need to carry this in the truck since it fails "safe", ie vacuum failure locks the front hubs. This won't leave you stranded, so no need to have one on hand. Could even drive around in 4a for weeks or months without a problem.
Problem is when it starts to leak it doesn’t just “fail” to engaged instead it starts to engage your hubs intermittently at 80 mph on I25 south of Pubelo on Sunday evening near dark while trying to get ahead of an approaching snowstorm sounding like ice in a blender and gnawing away at $100s of dollars of parts because Ford doesn’t want to change out a $6 part because even though they know it is a problem they cannot replicate it while at their shop but you know something is wrong but not sure what it is until you stumble across it on the forum and someone tells you about the TSB.
Got two now in the storage bin.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Problem is when it starts to leak it doesn’t just “fail” to engaged instead it starts to engage your hubs intermittently at 80 mph on I25 south of Pubelo on Sunday evening near dark while trying to get ahead of an approaching snowstorm sounding like ice in a blender and gnawing away at $100s of dollars of parts because Ford doesn’t want to change out a $6 part because even though they know it is a problem they cannot replicate it while at their shop but you know something is wrong but not sure what it is until you stumble across it on the forum and someone tells you about the TSB.
Got two now in the storage bin.

Or you know, just switch to 4a and pick up a new valve whenever it is convenient. That's what I would do, especially at night, on the side of the road, as a snowstorm is approaching. But if you think that is a great place and time to fix it, go for it.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Or you know, just switch to 4a and pick up a new valve whenever it is convenient. That's what I would do, especially at night, on the side of the road, as a snowstorm is approaching. But if you think that is a great place and time to fix it, go for it.

or you just pull the line at the junction just above the frame to hub line.

or you could just pull the line at the booster and cap it there.

no need to let your truck eat parts slowly due to an iwe line leak or malfunctioning check valve.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is there a better part than the ford one? I thought there was a yamaha one from amazon?