IWE check valve storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I installed my new IWE valve and I am still hearing the clattering noise at high RPMs in 2wd. Not sure what to look for at this point.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

You may have chewed up the hubs already or actuators that engage the hubs. I didn't catch my "grinding" soon enough on the 2nd go round of IWE issues and Ford replaced everything (check valve, lines, actuators, and hub assemblies) on their dime via the known TSB.

I just replaced my check valve for the 4th time a month ago and already getting the intermittent "grinding' again on deceleration (brakes are not being engaged) from the front passenger side and I assume I am past the check valve being the issue again.

I really hope this was addressed with the Gen 3.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would I get some type of error if this was the case? I use 4A whenever it rains and it seems to engage with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

No "idiot" lights that I am aware of unless there was an acute transfer case issue, which there should not be.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My IWE issue this time was the solenoid. No more intermittent grinding with deceleration. I seem to be averaging one iwe issue per year.