Its that time of year again, doors wont close when cold outside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THoward

Reaction score
My 18 Raptor had this problem last year where if it was too cold outside (around 20 degrees F or below) the doors wont latch. I have to hold the door closed and lock the truck to keep them from swinging open. Dealership says its a 2 day job where they "grease" components in the door. Read a thread where a guy took the out little black stopper under the door latch and the door closed fine, so he shaved a 1/4" off of it and never had the problem again. Wondering if anyone else had this issue

raptor ghost

Reaction score
took it to my local ford dealer as two rear doors would freeze open and pop open at bad times while driving, frozen latch is a well known problem. is there a tsb or fsa on your ford pass? 18N03 is the recall

dealer fixed my doors with the first attempt and no problems since

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3rd winter with my 2017 and it hasn't happened to me yet, but I've read about quite a few people having the issue on the F150 forums.

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this problem this morning while heading out for work. Opened door and wouldn't stay closed. Had to hold the door closed for the trip.

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tips or tricks to get the door to latch and stay shut? Dealer is saying they can't get to it till the 27th.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Warm the truck 10-15 minutes before opening the door

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank god for California winters. Absolute worst it gets here where I live is 25 degrees. And that happened once that I can remember. I feel bad for you guys that live where it actually gets cold. Definitely take it to the dealer and get those latches changed.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Low 30s is about all we see in SE Texas, so I have been able to avoid it with mine...

It is going to be sunny and 70 degrees next week over the Christmas break! :cool:

ATRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, same here- had the tsb performed and it still happening. Back at the dealer now.

Sometimes if you get in and hold the door shut, hit the lock button it would help keep them closed- at least that's worked for me in the past.