Its that time of year again, doors wont close when cold outside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Barlow

Reaction score
Had the so called fix done two weeks ago. Still not right, but what I did get was a crappy looking silicone job around each door handle. Opened a case with Ford. Pretty much sealed the door handle to the outer skin. Yeah I know!

378260AD-DFB3-456B-A909-FCD3E832FB28.jpeg

72F3D03A-CFF6-4C94-B290-5D3F78B6218A.jpeg

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was a post a while back where people were deriding GM for their JD Power awards for piddly stuff like "best wipers" and "best door handles". Fancy looks and big HP are great and all, but when your door won't latch and you have to drive home holding your door shut, the "best door handles" award suddenly seems not so stupid.

ATRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also went through 2 winters before experiencing this issue for the first time this year. I don't know what degrades over time (grease, lube, etc) but it certainly isn't something I dealt with when the truck was new.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
U P D A T E - Got the truck back again today for the umpteenth time. For those who aren't familiar with my story, I bought my Raptor new in January 2018. Only had the problem once the first year. Year two is a different story. I decided this year that instead of "putting up with it", I would contact the dealership every time I either couldn't get in or had to hold the door shut whether it was two minutes or 20 minutes. $72k+ vehicle and Ford has done nothing but throw band-aids at it since the issue began in 2015. Yes all recalls, field service bulletins, service enhancements blah, blah, blah have been done. As of today, all latches and cables have been replaced and "new lubricant/sealant" used.

To be fair, my dealarship has been top notch - always getting it in within a day or two and offering a courtesy vehicle. Very frustrating. Very disappointing. I still love my truck.

BendSprinter

Reaction score
Had mine done at the dealer last week. Ski resort truck was warmed up. Hope the fix worked, it was frustrating strapping the door to the headrest to stay closed. Didn’t try to hold shut and lock the doors; would be great if that works. It’s a pretty serious safety issue and I’m surprised Ford isn’t taking more seriously. Just need one person to be holding the door to fall out and it becomes a pretty big deal.

Different note, I see all the time in this forum “it’s a $70k vehicle”. Did anyone buy this not knowing it’s an F150 with better shocks and more power? It’s going to have many of the same problems as the $30k base model. Not that the problem is ok it just cracks me up to expect a different experience.

Love my truck. Leaky oil pan and all!

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
So far I've had a couple below zero mornings. This morning was -9. All doors/locks functioned normally. Keeping my fingers crossed. I read somewhere yesterday that some were experiencing an issue with the passengers side front door not unlocking via the intelligent access feature. I'll have to see if I can find it again. Driver's side works. Passenger's side does not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc