It has happened...BUT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, on the way back from denver...it happened, my dreadful nightmare! somebody wasnt paying attention and rear ended my truck....i was furious all until i got out..i will need a new tow assembly, and a new rear bumper as it got dented, her insurance company will pay for all damages and so on...

BUT, when i looked at her Civic..its damaged bad...this is the main reason why i have been driving Ford trucks for so long...they are rock solid...she was going about 30Mph, and slid under my truck...but anyhow here are the pics, and thankfully nobody got seriously hurt:

Her Civic...notice where my tow hooks demolished her front end:

IMG00035-20100708-1743.jpg

and my rear bumper and tow hook damage, also the connector where it hooks up to a trailer got damaged as well:

IMG00036-20100708-1743.jpg

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i like how you whited out your license plate but posted hers. lol. If you see California plate 2WJR218 in your rear view...let her pass!

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao! no..stay waayyyy out of her lane period! she even told me "hey your truck doesnt seem damaged, want to just exchange numbers?" uhhh no lol

AuPanda

Reaction score
Wait, she's from California and has insurance?! Must not be from SoCal.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i was totally bummed...depressed actually, but looking back at it, this is why i drive such a truck. while she had to get her vehicle towed away...im driving home in one piece and safe none the less.

I know...when i saw CA plates...and an old 1991 Honda Civic...i thought i was completely doomed! most dont even have insurance...and i was expecting to pay my deductible to get all my repairs done....completely terrified! what was more terrifying was that i was in the number 3 lane..where cars are still going 65 MPH all around us...i had to get out of my truck, walk back to make sure she was fine cause the condition of her car...once i ensured she was safe and her care was able to limp off the highway...i basically pulled out in front of her and had her follow me to the nearest exit...

she had scratches on her arms and she was all shaken up, so i didnt come down on her hard or anything...as a life is much more important than my truck. When the cops came...and the fire truck, they took care of the scene and got her taken care of...

when all was done, they gathered up around my truck to take a peek LOL they all thought my truck costs 60K+....i was like "hell yea it does" LOL

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to hear everyone is alright. You should know better than to allow a Californian follow you around. I'm sure she was just doing a "California stop" :mrgreen:

Seriously, you need to rotate that spare into the mix :mrgreen:

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was exactly the driver was thinking when i hit Escalade with my 1990 Taurus...

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
These trucks are tough. Glad everyone was OK. So do you live in CO or WY, Jesse?