It has happened...BUT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bummer. But it looks like the damage is minor (on your Raptor anyway). Glad nobody got hurt.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear everyone is alright. You should know better than to allow a Californian follow you around. I'm sure she was just doing a "California stop" :mrgreen:

Seriously, you need to rotate that spare into the mix :mrgreen:

It is rotated in, I got 2 new tires, the spare that was mounted in now rotated to the left rear...next tire rotation this should go in. My tires have only been rotated Twice...and I got 2 new tires mixed in between those 2...as all I got is 12K miles...at the 15K mark should be the next rotation.

And yes, I know...I thought I left all you bastards behind when I got stationed in WY 7 months ago, but it appears some of the trash trickled behind LOL

I live in CO, but work out of Cheyenne...where I'm stationed at its like a 20 mile difference between borders...I'm dead close to Fort Collins.

This is actually depressing, I'm hoping the insurance company will be kind enough to get my bumper replaced and tow hitch...both got bent, I don't want a ball peen hammer and some bondo as my repairs, I'm actually TOWING **** down the road, I really don't want to get skimpy and have things go ape **** on the highway.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
give everybody an update....ford dealership is working on a quote, but as of right now, as a min...they will fully replace the trailer hitch, connectors and install a new rear bumper. They will inspect the entire frame, to ensure no damage has occurred. This is definately a peace of mind...i was hoping none of my suspension got damaged, but from what they notioced, they said nothing at all...and they said my truck looks great overall so far. "awesome!"

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what happened to my '97 F150 when rear-ended at a stop sign by a Mitsubishi.

accident3800x600.jpg

Damage to F150 - new plastic bumper insert and license plate lamp (I'm still running the Ford hitch cover on my Raptor 13 yrs later)

Damage to Mitsu - the owner asked the tow truck driver 'Is it driveable?", his answer "Lady, its fu!*#d". The damage dosen't look to bad, but everything in font of the block had been smooshed into the motor. Shortly after I took the pic, the Mitsu puked all of it's cooland, steering fluid and started leaking oil.

sapperx76

Reaction score
me too!

Had a woman hit my rear at 25 mph. Different outcome. My rear was messed up and her Toyota Highlander was fine (plastic bumper). 1400 dollars worth of damage ... her insurance paid for a new bumper, bumper guard, and tow hitch / tow hooks piece.