Issues with paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timstaggs

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a brand new Ford Raptor owner and forum member. I bought a Black Raptor a few weeks ago and it was brand new and flawless. Honestly having a hard time finding anything I dislike about it except gas milage :) Within 200 miles I now have some light scratching and 12 chips in the paint. Not sure how the light scratches happened since I never park next to anyone or been off roading. The 12 chips happened when I went through a unmarked road repair and the cars next to me kicked up some of the small stones they use to repair the roads.

I'm very disappointed with the quality of this paint. If this has only been 2 weeks and I have this much damage to my paint what is next?? Is this a fluke with my vehicle or is everyone else noticing this?? I can't imagine what it would look like if I actually go offroading. And immediately when I got the vehicle I took it to a place in town I trust to do a wash and paint protection to hopefully help prevent paint damage :-( Should I contact Ford? I can't imagine in 5 years what this $55k vehicle will look like if this continues. Thanks

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford will not warranty your paint after you tell them this "The 12 chips happened when I went through a unmarked road repair and the cars next to me kicked up some of the small stones they use to repair the roads."

Wrap it if you are worried about the paint.

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
We had ours wrapped with Xpel and love it. It's self healing and still looks as good as it did a year ago when we bought it and we off road a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

timstaggs

Reaction score
I'm sure Ford won't warranty anything anyway because it's under normal wear and tear, but I've owned many vehicles in my day and have never had a chip in my paint from the stones they use in road repairs. I've had multiple black vehicles also. It's like the paint is so delicate that anything that rubs against it is damaging it. The road repair was literally 40 yards long.

So how much does wrapping cost and does it change the look. I know nothing about it.

D

Deleted member 12951

I don't think the paint issues is a Raptor thing, it's a Ford thing across the board and you will see many people that have posted about it, just not here.

I've been off-roading and through some tight trails. I gave up on my paint long ago and my raptor isn't even 6 months old. There is a clear bra wrap from 3M that does the front and have seen prices in the $500+ range. Or you can wrap your entire truck in vinyl and have your own unique design which can look pretty cool. I've seen others post about it here with cost in the $2000+ range.

OP
OP
T

timstaggs

Reaction score
I don't think the paint issues is a Raptor thing, it's a Ford thing across the board and you will see many people that have posted about it, just not here.

I've been off-roading and through some tight trails. I gave up on my paint long ago and my raptor isn't even 6 months old. There is a clear bra wrap from 3M that does the front and have seen prices in the $500+ range. Or you can wrap your entire truck in vinyl and have your own unique design which can look pretty cool. I've seen others post about it here with cost in the $2000+ range.

Thanks! Does anyone have a forum link to black raptors with some cool design ideas. Might be out of the budget for now, but I haven't seen alot of black designs.