Is this undercoating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
85eurocarrera

85eurocarrera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Supercab. That’s what I’m interested in.

It also has original 8 yr old tires on it as well. If dealer was offering buyer choice of tires I’d understand. But selling it with them on looks like trying for maximum profit before sorted vehicles.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are you seeing to cause such a reaction? Please, educate me...lol.
Not sure if you're joking or not, but the main problem is the undercoating over top of the shock bodies, it not only blocks heat from dissipating and ruins the performance of the shocks, rendering them useless. Also, I have OCD and nobody on this forum that I know of would ever hold back from bitch-slapping a tech that sprayed undercoating on their raptors suspension components. It looks hideous and dirty. You don't need undercoating on any of that, they will last the life of the truck, obviously the shock bodies will rust, but covering them with that crap is worse, there are lots of other safe and better products to spray on a Raptors suspension, just use the search function. I could go on and on about my reasons to not buy that truck nut I hate typing long essays, I have to hit "post reply" now.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not joking. I was legitimately curious. I hadn't considered any heat related issues, and still not sure that would matter unless doing some heavy, high speed off-roading.

Considering it is a 2013 that may have already endured 9 salty winters in Ohio, it may not have been a bad decision to apply some undercoating. I can remember at least one person getting it done and the shop sprayed everything. I'd prefer for it not to have been applied to the shocks if I were looking for a used Raptor, but a daily driver in Ohio could have worse.

Thanks.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not joking. I was legitimately curious. I hadn't considered any heat related issues, and still not sure that would matter unless doing some heavy, high speed off-roading.

Considering it is a 2013 that may have already endured 9 salty winters in Ohio, it may not have been a bad decision to apply some undercoating. I can remember at least one person getting it done and the shop sprayed everything. I'd prefer for it not to have been applied to the shocks if I were looking for a used Raptor, but a daily driver in Ohio could have worse.

Thanks.
Hey, don't take what I say the wrong way either :D, to some people having undercoating may be okay in their books, to each there own. I know a lot of people will buy Raptors to just drive thru at Starbucks but even those guys usually like "pretty things". I just don't see why if you want a daily driver and don't care about the suspension, then you could save a lot of money and buy a regular f150. For somebody to buy a used raptor and with undercoated suspension to just use it for a daily driver is more rare then hens teeth on a monkey, lol. Hopefully he gets it cheap and still enjoy it though.

OP
OP
85eurocarrera

85eurocarrera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to be a daily driver here in MN. Just want to start out with a clean one

I asked for detailed pics of rockers, I’m 800 miles away. Most likely moving on from this one as I just started my search. Need something before kid gets liscense in June and I pass her my Volvo....

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going to be a daily driver here in MN. Just want to start out with a clean one

I asked for detailed pics of rockers, I’m 800 miles away. Most likely moving on from this one as I just started my search. Need something before kid gets liscense in June and I pass her my Volvo....
Check out the "for sale" section here, there are a few to check out for comparison at the least.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the dialogue. However, I am one of many Raptor owners (at least I think I am) who bought a Raptor, not because it is a high speed desert racer, but because:
1. They look awesome
2. They drive awesome
3. They are great ON the road
4. They are very capable off road
5. I wanted one (my 2nd)

Mine is covered up in the garage with a battery tender until all the northern Illinois salt gets washed off the roads in the spring. The cover even protected it from the little bird that flew in my garage (see the pictures)..lol.

To tell the truth, except for #3 above, those are the same reasons I bought a GT500 and never used it on a track day. It too was stored under a cover with a battery tender during the winter...lol.

I agree that alot of guys and gals on the forum do some heavy off roading, and I enjoy reading about it and their upgrades, etc. But I'd still bet a higher percentage of all Raptor owners don't do the serious off roading their truck is capable of handling.

I could be wrong.78b24cc13d7a599541ea4a6b72ce7d21.jpg3d0a4188e8797f2a31c199d7f9901270.jpg0d56379b7fb208db3c90f3c71d694ca0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate the dialogue. However, I am one of many Raptor owners (at least I think I am) who bought a Raptor, not because it is a high speed desert racer, but because:
1. They look awesome
2. They drive awesome
3. They are great ON the road
4. They are very capable off road
5. I wanted one (my 2nd)

Mine is covered up in the garage with a battery tender until all the northern Illinois salt gets washed off the roads in the spring. The cover even protected it from the little bird that flew in my garage (see the pictures)..lol.

To tell the truth, except for #3 above, those are the same reasons I bought a GT500 and never used it on a track day. It too was stored under a cover with a battery tender during the winter...lol.

I agree that alot of guys and gals on the forum do some heavy off roading, and I enjoy reading about it and their upgrades, etc. But I'd still bet a higher percentage of all Raptor owners don't do the serious off roading their truck is capable of handling.

I could be wrong.78b24cc13d7a599541ea4a6b72ce7d21.jpg3d0a4188e8797f2a31c199d7f9901270.jpg0d56379b7fb208db3c90f3c71d694ca0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You're right, most Raptor owners never see a pebble unless they drive through a construction site on the highway.