Is there an issue with the B&O sound system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anity93

Reaction score
I only notice sound coming out of the headrest when my ear is up against it, surround setting, and on specific songs. I only turn it up to low 20s at the most but have heard it at lower volumes. I also shifted the one option for the sound “center” to be slightly towards the front from the default setting. I don’t remember what that option is called specifically since I’m not in my truck right now but it’s the manual location axis setting.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else just more concerned with being able to turn the volume up to 18-20 without having the right front door rattle? And that’s with all adjustment set at factory levels.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else just more concerned with being able to turn the volume up to 18-20 without having the right front door rattle? And that’s with all adjustment set at factory levels.
Every Raptor has this issue. There is DCM module on both front doors which cause a rattle on certain songs. Basically, Ford didn't put enough padding it on. There was a thread on this in the interior section somewhere.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The speakers in the headrests and roof are meant to act as “fill” not a source of sound. If they emitted a louder sound, the entire soundstage would be thrown off balance.

Just like the rear speakers being louder than the front speakers, do you sit at a concert with your back to the stage? Is the lead singer hovering above your head?
I have worked with pro sound for most of my life and own high-end stereo equipment and amplifiers. With that being said, I do understand what you are saying, but it should be more noticeable. There is in my opinion something wrong with either the speakers, or if they are connected correctly, the incorrect amplifier was chosen for this vehicle.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just like the rear speakers being louder than the front speakers, do you sit at a concert with your back to the stage? Is the lead singer hovering above your head?
Well, yes I do, but I understand I'm a bit "different". If you sit with your back to the stage you get to watch all the young ******* bouncing around, very entertaining for a classy guy like myself.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you though? Really...

Because we can do the aftermarket mods ourselves far cheaper than we would pay Ford to have something decent.

Lincoln’s Revel audio - the top level, is fairly well rated by auto writers. My wife has it in her Lincoln, and it’s credible, if a bit underpowered. It is WORLDS more precise than the Ford B&O and Sony that preceded it, but it cost more than what I paid to upgrade the Raptor sound system and the Rap has orders of magnitude more bass.

On one hand I get what you’re saying - it’s now almost 90K on the Rap and the sound system does not represent the price class very well. $hit, a Navigator isn’t much more and the Navi Revel is pretty good, but again, do we want the add on charges for the sound system, or just a basic Sync enabled receiver we could easily upgrade?
The problem with doing it yourself or even having a shop do it is that they bury the speakers so deep in the front dash and parts of the truck that are extremely difficult to get to, and it never goes back together correctly even with the correct tools. The days of the 90's and popping a door apart to change your 6 x 9 speakers are dead.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you talk on the phone you will hear the other person coming out of the headrest. I really hear it when I turn my head. And I'm half deaf

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with doing it yourself or even having a shop do it is that they bury the speakers so deep in the front dash and parts of the truck that are extremely difficult to get to, and it never goes back together correctly even with the correct tools. The days of the 90's and popping a door apart to change your 6 x 9 speakers are dead.
you must be going to the wrong shop. theres only an issue with reassembly if the guy who took it apart, sucked ass

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The speakers in the headrests and roof are meant to act as “fill” not a source of sound. If they emitted a louder sound, the entire soundstage would be thrown off balance.

As the old man said, if band sucks and hot chicks behind, yeah I do turn my back. Lol.
Well, yes I do, but I understand I'm a bit "different". If you sit with your back to the stage you get to watch all the young ******* bouncing around, very entertaining for a classy guy like myself.
Couldn’t have said it better, sir.
When you talk on the phone you will hear the other person coming out of the headrest. I really hear it when I turn my head. And I'm half deaf
Ill have to check that out. Ty.

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Paul Stanley was hovering over my head and singing at a KISS concert.