Is there an issue with the B&O sound system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you must be going to the wrong shop. theres only an issue with reassembly if the guy who took it apart, sucked ass
I’ve watched even the best crack the cheaply made plastic in modern vehicles. Maybe ford quality is higher since this is my first one but it’s more of a possibility than it used to be. Someone from your shop has to be the first to try to take something apart. No one wants to pay for mistakes but
you must be going to the wrong shop. theres only an issue with reassembly if the guy who took it apart, sucked ass
you certainly have to pay to play. What are your labor charges to take apart the front and change the speakers out?

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So can anyone confirm or have any input about just replacing the amplifier? I’m willing to bet that’s the bottle neck on this system. @The Car Stereo Company could this at least slightly improve the setup with the ease of just unbolting the current amp, using a plug and play harness and it’s good to go? Could an aftermarket amp unlock the other speakers and improve sound for a couple hundred bucks?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So btw, parked today and before turning off, turned my head to left and slid my ear across headrest. It’s very directional, but at one point I could clearly hear the music coming from it. Turned to the right and same thing. So it does work.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So can anyone confirm or have any input about just replacing the amplifier? I’m willing to bet that’s the bottle neck on this system. @The Car Stereo Company could this at least slightly improve the setup with the ease of just unbolting the current amp, using a plug and play harness and it’s good to go? Could an aftermarket amp unlock the other speakers and improve sound for a couple hundred bucks?
You need the Zen unit, don’t think it’s as easy as just swapping out factory amp. And don’t bug Noah (Thecarstereocompany) he’s busy installing a setup in my truck right now!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no. you can not replace the amplifier unless you add the zen module. the signal is all data to the amplifier as well as the parking sensors that are tied into the rear speakers. the only way to decode the data is with the zen module. all these speakers in the truck are crap these headrest speakers and overhead speakers are not necessary and need to go away. dont bother with them. as far as work goes, you are about 5-6 hours south of us. but we dont have a problem working on your truck if you want to come up.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The problem with doing it yourself or even having a shop do it is that they bury the speakers so deep in the front dash and parts of the truck that are extremely difficult to get to, and it never goes back together correctly even with the correct tools. The days of the 90's and popping a door apart to change your 6 x 9 speakers are dead.
It is not that hard. Really. Seriously: I did the audio upgrade with a body panel removal kit, and basic hand tools, + youtube. Pros would do it in 1/3 the time I did, maybe less. Noah would have done it much faster, because he wouldn’t have let me try stupid $hit first.

Ok that settles that! Lol it will stay stock for right now. I need lights and a DB cover first. Sound is coming in third place right now. I will be up there around the holidays so maybe…..

Seriously, doing audio is one of the best bang for the buck upgrades you can do. NO, it doesn’t make you a better off road driver, and doesn’t really help with navigating starbucks drive thru.
Note: I want you knuckleheads to try navigating the Black Rifle Coffee drive thru in San Antonio. Did someone say 3 point turn? :-<

However, really good, precisely represented tunes will absolutely make a more enjoyable cab experience and will definitely reduce driver fatigue.

#Worthit

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is not that hard. Really. Seriously: I did the audio upgrade with a body panel removal kit, and basic hand tools, + youtube. Pros would do it in 1/3 the time I did, maybe less. Noah would have done it much faster, because he wouldn’t have let me try stupid $hit first.

Seriously, doing audio is one of the best bang for the buck upgrades you can do. NO, it doesn’t make you a better off road driver, and doesn’t really help with navigating starbucks drive thru.
Note: I want you knuckleheads to try navigating the Black Rifle Coffee drive thru in San Antonio. Did someone say 3 point turn? :-<

However, really good, precisely represented tunes will absolutely make a more enjoyable cab experience and will definitely reduce driver fatigue.

#Worthit
and what stupid shit did you try?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
and what stupid shit did you try?
let’s see.
first I added the 8” kicker sub and amp. Ok, but bass roll off doesn’t go away with stock amp.

replaced speakers all around, which would have been ok if I’d planned better, but I just put in straight coax pioneers. Sure, better than stock but not where I ended up.

I then replaced the front coax with Focal components, new amp, then the MTI sub enclosure...

OTOH, I really didn’t want to drop the $$$ to do it right the first time in ’17, I really had other plans for that money but if I’d been more savvy about it, I’d have repurposed the money to the Rap and done it correctly the first time.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an issue in my GT350 where my aftermarket amp also amplified the active noise cancelation so there was always a hint of static pumping throug the speakers. Has anyone also had issues with this when upgrading audio components in the raptors?