Is there a ******** for dummies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using the obdlink mx bluetooth model and have never had a problem connecting. I purchased a dongle for my laptop, that supports bt . Forscan does require a activation code that they email to you. Even when using the trial period.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm using the obdlink mx bluetooth model and have never had a problem connecting. I purchased a dongle for my laptop, that supports bt . Forscan does require a activation code that they email to you. Even when using the trial period.

I tried all kinds of stuff to get it to run. The tech said a standard license comes through automatically when you download OBDwiz when first setting up the adapter.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I bought the obd tool and never took it out of package. I’d love to use it but am too dumb
Well..maybe one day you will finally figure out how to take it out of the package. There is probably a youtube of someone doing exactly that.;)

Whatever you do, do not search youtube for "unboxing a ********". You are welcomed. Apparently, that is a thing.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the obd tool and never took it out of package. I’d love to use it but am too dumb
Same. I just don’t have extra time to fix anything if I mess up. I’m confident I could just don’t have any time. Wife and I working at home taking turns with the little *****... toddler-run POW camp here.

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @Oldfart , any luck with that ******** tool? Maybe you need to get the OBD bris tool?

Kidding aside, I'd be interested to know if there's a setting that will power the upfitters when the security system goes off. My truck is always garaged at home but it'd be awesome to blast any potential thieves with all of the lights if they set it off.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey @Oldfart , any luck with that ******** tool? Maybe you need to get the OBD bris tool?

Kidding aside, I'd be interested to know if there's a setting that will power the upfitters when the security system goes off. My truck is always garaged at home but it'd be awesome to blast any potential thieves with all of the lights if they set it off.

I had no luck with the tool. I spent a lot of time with a tech from the company and apparently there is a known bug that it has trouble working with some laptops, including my almost new Dell XPS. I ended up sending the tool back.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had no luck with the tool. I spent a lot of time with a tech from the company and apparently there is a known bug that it has trouble working with some laptops, including my almost new Dell XPS. I ended up sending the tool back.

There is only one laptop in your life at the moment? You ARE an old fart.

I don't even like laptops and I have 2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter