Is there a ******** for dummies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the OBDLinkEX scan tool and I don't want to f**ck anything up! I know I've seen a lot of threads where people had issues and I don't want to be that guy! I know there is info all over the place on this, any suggestions on the best place to start?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly @Oldfart, it’s easy. As mentioned, back up your truck settings first.

Follow the tutorials listed above. If you search, there are some YT vids too that are pretty good. There is a vid out there where the author does call Forscan ********.

My advice, make one change at a time so if there is an issue you can concentrate on fixing it.

Good luck and don’t **** it up lol

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I'm a little nervous about doing it after seeing some of the weird issues some guys ended up with after using it. I'll check out what you posted and do one thing at a time, like suggested.

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I'm a little nervous about doing it after seeing some of the weird issues some guys ended up with after using it. I'll check out what you posted and do one thing at a time, like suggested.
Definitely post, there's some tweaks I'd like to make too. I'd really like my mirrors to fold in when I shut off the engine. I'm planning on getting the tool but I'm like you, kinda nervous about messing things up.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly @Oldfart, it’s easy. As mentioned, back up your truck settings first.

Follow the tutorials listed above. If you search, there are some YT vids too that are pretty good. There is a vid out there where the author does call Forscan ********.

My advice, make one change at a time so if there is an issue you can concentrate on fixing it.

Good luck and don’t **** it up lol

Once you have made your back up, can you use that to reverse any changes made in case you screw something up?