Is the market saturated??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look, FRF makes up what percentage of all Raptor owners? 10%? 20%? I have no idea. But there's no chance that the "we have the power to sway ADM by not paying" idea is realistic. For one, a lot of people will say they're down for that, and then justify paying $5k-10k ADM because "it's still better than paying $15-20k." Secondly, there are a too many people outside this forum willing to pay ADM.

Look, I paid MSRP, and not a penny over - I can't prove it, but you can choose to believe me or not. I'm still here to tell you that dealers have the power - if they're willing to turn down full MSRP offers, they have it. Sorry to say. You can puff your chest out and say, "I would never pay over MSRP, " and I fully support it, but they still have the truck on their lot.
“Look, I paid MSRP, and not a penny over”. You wouldn’t lie to me, would ya? Lol Kidding aside, doesn’t it cost dealers to keep/maintained their inventory? If so, the longer the vehicle is on their lot the more that eats into their profits, yes? Say you’re the owner of that Grapevine dealer in N. TX with the aforementioned Gen 3 inventory that hasn’t moved for nearly two weeks, I believe. You say demand is up right now and yet no one is interested in your stock. Where in lies the problem? Do you continue to hold out in hopes of landing that big fish or do you rethink your strategy…as the owner of said dealer above?

LennyMoe

Reaction score
“Look, I paid MSRP, and not a penny over”. You wouldn’t lie to me, would ya? Lol Kidding aside, doesn’t it cost dealers to keep/maintained their inventory? If so, the longer the vehicle is on their lot the more that eats into their profits, yes? Say you’re the owner of that Grapevine dealer in N. TX with the aforementioned Gen 3 inventory that hasn’t moved for nearly two weeks, I believe. You say demand is up right now and yet no one is interested in your stock. Where in lies the problem? Do you continue to hold out in hopes of landing that big fish or do you rethink your strategy…as the owner of said dealer above?
Depends on the math, I suppose. I have no idea what it costs a dealer to keep a car on a lot - probably depends on how much the dealership is leveraged to buy those vehicles, overhead, etc.

Either way, let's take a completely random number and say it costs $600/mo or about $20/day to keep one truck on the lot. Let's say MSRP for that truck is $75k, and they paid $67,500 (10% below MSRP). I have no idea what ADM that dealer is actually adding, but for the example, let's say $20k. Therefore, the dealer has the possibility to make $27,500 + whatever they think they can make by their finance manager selling extended warranty and other BS. Let's call it $30k possible profit from one truck (for easy math). At $20/day, they could let that truck sit for 1500 days and still not take a loss.

You see where I'm going with this? Again, these are completely hypothetical numbers, so that number could be 60 days, it could be 120 days, it could be 280 days.

Edit: Also, it's non-linear right? Meaning they probably do the math and figure out how long they can leave the truck at $20k ADM before they drop it to $10k ADM, then maybe down to $5k, before they finally might let it go for MSRP when the time is right for them. It's not a gamble because they can do the math and figure out when they have to sell at what number to still make a profit (big or small).

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Last time I was in texas I bought a pair of shark skin cowboy boots and a hat, does that make me part Texan?
Asking for a friend?
Shark skin bahahahahaha...and unless you're changing out your hats based upon the season straw or felt...then no. Fedora doesn't count as a hat BTW...answering for your friend :)

Hat should be in Raptor at all times...

IMG_3807.jpg

KRGKen

Reaction score
I can't necessarily argue against that. As I am waiting on an order also.

But if there was actually that much demand there wouldn't be 20 plus units in stock within 100 miles.

I just think with many factors going on that the tide may slowly be shifting.
There's no demand for people paying these ridiculous dealer mark ups! Thats why they have them on the lot. Have them sell them for MSRP and you won't find any within 100 miles

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends on the math, I suppose. I have no idea what it costs a dealer to keep a car on a lot - probably depends on how much the dealership is leveraged to buy those vehicles, overhead, etc.

Either way, let's take a completely random number and say it costs $600/mo or about $20/day to keep one truck on the lot. Let's say MSRP for that truck is $75k, and they paid $67,500 (10% below MSRP). I have no idea what ADM that dealer is actually adding, but for the example, let's say $20k. Therefore, the dealer has the possibility to make $27,500 + whatever they think they can make by their finance manager selling extended warranty and other BS. Let's call it $30k possible profit from one truck (for easy math). At $20/day, they could let that truck sit for 1500 days and still not take a loss.

You see where I'm going with this? Again, these are completely hypothetical numbers, so that number could be 60 days, it could be 120 days, it could be 280 days.

Edit: Also, it's non-linear right? Meaning they probably do the math and figure out how long they can leave the truck at $20k ADM before they drop it to $10k ADM, then maybe down to $5k, before they finally might let it go for MSRP when the time is right for them. It's not a gamble because they can do the math and figure out when they have to sell at what number to still make a profit (big or small).
Very well explained and point taken! Maximizing profit margin in “this market”. However, you can’t maximize anything if your product ain’t selling.
There's no demand for people paying these ridiculous dealer mark ups! Thats why they have them on the lot. Have them sell them for MSRP and you won't find any within 100 miles
Agree! This is all I’m saying @LennyMoe. Even with them selling at MSRP, they still profit…“big or small”, as you put it Lenny. A member here said the funniest thing that has stuck with me & I ask dealers this when I’m there…”Are you looking for a quick sell or a repeat customer.”

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a dealer email me he has 3 37PP in stock so I asked a dumb question , how much ! 120k , the dealership is 15 minutes from my house but didn’t make the trip . This Sh** is ridiculous ! I would pay a reasonable ADM . I have a 19 Raptor with 10k miles I know I can get a ton of money for it on trade

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not a good time to buy vehicle or house this days!
wait interest go up and stock go down,see in you in 6 months!
and i don't think the market is saturated YET!

Last edited:

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shark skin bahahahahaha...and unless you're changing out your hats based upon the season straw or felt...then no. Fedora doesn't count as a hat BTW...answering for your friend :)

Hat should be in Raptor at all times...

View attachment 355341
Wow a real Texan. I thought they were only fictional characters.

Google verification says it’s true. Same hat.
D3E0EBBE-BFF1-4820-87F1-49E1E46FFB2B.gif

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a dealer email me he has 3 37PP in stock so I asked a dumb question , how much ! 120k , the dealership is 15 minutes from my house but didn’t make the trip . This Sh** is ridiculous ! I would pay a reasonable ADM . I have a 19 Raptor with 10k miles I know I can get a ton of money for it on trade
How much do you consider “a reasonable” amount to be?