Is the market saturated??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I could if I wanted go get any number of gen 3 (counted about 20 last night) with in 100 miles of my home.

1 dealer has 6 that he is asking 109,000 or more for.

There is another dealer that is a huge Ford dealer and he has 7 listed.

They are available.

They only reason I don't pick one of these up is that they all have sun/moon/panoramic roof and I would personally rather have an STD than a sun/moon/ panoramic roof.

Some have a few thousand miles and are listed as used but that doesn't matter if the truck is what you want.

I am hoping the lighting and bronco raptor take some light off the F150 raptor personally.

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the market was saturated we'd all be driving new raptors instead of waiting on orders and dealers wouldn't be asking 109k.
I can't necessarily argue against that. As I am waiting on an order also.

But if there was actually that much demand there wouldn't be 20 plus units in stock within 100 miles.

I just think with many factors going on that the tide may slowly be shifting.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score

But if there was actually that much demand there wouldn't be 20 plus units in stock within 100 miles.

I don't think you know how this works lol. If I'm a high volume dealer, I would also be buying every new Raptor for $15k over to sell it used for $30k+ over.. it is what it is. Hell, and I'm a broken record but the dealer I paid $10k over to called me 3 days later saying they'd buy it back for $20k over because they had an EXISTING CUSTOMER who wanted my spec and was willing to pay $130k if they found one that same week.

I literally have 4500 miles on my truck and have been offered $105k. If the market was saturated this wouldn't be a possibility.

The TRX example is over used by me as well but it's perfect because it shows exactly what a halo car can be and what it can't be. Ram really screwed up by letting their dealers go hog wild and the moment the TRXs stayed on a lot longer than a week they get nervous and marked them down. The ford dealer knows that even if that truck sits for a month.. it'll sell.. and it will make them a lot of extra money straight to the owners pocket.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I still haven't seen a Gen3 sitting on a dealers lot yet and have only seen 2 on the road.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to see what market saturation looks like for a limited production truck, look at the TRX. They can be had for $10K under MSRP, and if you order one, you'll have it in 6 weeks.
You’re right about the $10k off MSRP. 6 weeks to delivery is almost unheard of though, with some exceptions for base model trucks. Some guys are waiting for 6 months to get their TRX (first world problem)