Is the market saturated??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LennyMoe

Reaction score
Guess who signs an agreement with Ford to sell vehicles?
Guess who can regulate pricing at these dealers?

Go ahead ...take a guess.
Hint ...it's a four letter word that starts with F.
If you think Ford has the manpower to watchdog all the Ford dealerships in the country, you're delusional. They don't even have the manpower to operate their factories at full capacity.

Edit: You do also realize that your logic works in both directions, correct? If Ford has so much control over dealerships, then why would they ever allow a dealer to sell below MSRP?

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you think Ford has the manpower to watchdog all the Ford dealerships in the country, you're delusional. They don't even have the manpower to operate their factories at full capacity.

Edit: You do also realize that your logic works in both directions, correct? If Ford has so much control over dealerships, then why would they ever allow a dealer to sell below MSRP?
You realize that there are departments in Ford that solely handle the dealerships right?
It's not about manpower ..it's about parts or lack there of.
The discounts are allowed just as the ADM is being allowed. There are incentives for the dealerships to sell and if they have to discount to reach a number to make an incentive they do it.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still haven't seen a Gen3 sitting on a dealers lot yet and have only seen 2 on the road.
It's all about where you are, I suppose. Grapevine Ford (north Texas) has 8 in stock right now. They've had all 8 of them for 2 weeks now, and 6 of them have been there a little longer than that. But they are all $25k over MSRP, so they are sitting. There are at least 2 other dealers within an hour of me that have 4-5 in stock as well.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the TRX orders are dragging out. I still have one on order from January '22 and it's not even in production yet. since then, I've purchased a base TRX for +$7k and a Gen3 Raptor for +$15k MSRP with very aggressive searches be leading to those purchases, so that should show there's no saturation yet. I think the bigger issue is the fact that folks might be shopping less for vehicles BECAUSE of the high ADMs, the low economy, and the high gas prices. There will likely be less demand as people start losing jobs and have to cut excessive costs while the economy crashes.

LennyMoe

Reaction score
You realize that there are departments in Ford that solely handle the dealerships right?
It's not about manpower ..it's about parts or lack there of.
The discounts are allowed just as the ADM is being allowed. There are incentives for the dealerships to sell and if they have to discount to reach a number to make an incentive they do it.
You obviously have no clue how any of this works, so I'm going to inform you.

Step 1: Ford produces a vehicle for x cost (x is a variable because it can change with supply - like our current situation)

Step 2: Ford wants to make y margin, so they create an invoice price of x + x*y and an MSRP price of z (just a reminder that this is a SUGGESTED price)

Step 3: A Ford dealership buys the vehicle at invoice and puts the vehicle on their lot for sticker = z

Step 4: That dealer can sell the vehicle for whatever price they think it will go for and falls within the margin (y) they are looking for to make a profit. z + z*y = price out the door

Currently, price out the door is above MSRP because there is demand and no supply (aka: dealerships have the power). Sure, Ford says they are trying to crack down on dealership ADM, but that's where manpower comes in. A rule/regulation can only be enforced with... guess what? Manpower.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You obviously have no clue how any of this works, so I'm going to inform you.

Step 1: Ford produces a vehicle for x cost (x is a variable because it can change with supply - like our current situation)

Step 2: Ford wants to make y margin, so they create an invoice price of x + x*y and an MSRP price of z (just a reminder that this is a SUGGESTED price)

Step 3: A Ford dealership buys the vehicle at invoice and puts the vehicle on their lot for sticker = z

Step 4: That dealer can sell the vehicle for whatever price they think it will go for and falls within the margin (y) they are looking for to make a profit. z + z*y = price out the door

Currently, price out the door is above MSRP because there is demand and no supply (aka: dealerships have the power). Sure, Ford says they are trying to crack down on dealership ADM, but that's where manpower comes in. A rule/regulation can only be enforced with... guess what? Manpower.
^This is how misinformation spreads and people start to believe in conspiracy theories.
Some right but mostly wrong. My suggestion to people on here is do your research and dont believe this guy or even me.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^This is how misinformation spreads and people start to believe in conspiracy theories.
Some right but mostly wrong. My suggestion to people on here is do your research and dont believe this guy or even me.
You're speculating that people actually believe anything on the internet and if they believe your crap then they are into conspiracy theories, which is the farthest thing form the truth. People come to this forum(internet) for help on their raptors and the rest is a place to have fun and eat popcorn. Some people get upset, yes, some people laugh it off. Most raptor owners fall into the latter.