Is the market saturated??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saturated? Even with record high gasoline prices the demand for Raptors is still high. With new Raptors just trickling out of the assembly plants dealerships are in the drivers seat.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't even get a GM dealer to take my money for a 2023 C8 this past weekend (they have an allocation coming) and we didn't even discuss pricing. I've seen quite a few dealers go more towards a used car dealership than interested in new sales.

Stevdug

Reaction score
Interesting thought, with all the big dealers relying on and stocking many more used vehicles, what kind of impact has that had on the small independent used car dealers?

Last edited:

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting thought, with all the big dealers relying on and stocking many more used vehicles, what kind of impact has that has on the small independent used car dealers?

They have uneducated employees who don't realize if they choose not to order or sell new vehicles they cease to be a new car dealership. I wouldn't be surprised if some dealers that sit on large amounts of used inventory will go out of business due to loss of equity.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't even get a GM dealer to take my money for a 2023 C8 this past weekend (they have an allocation coming) and we didn't even discuss pricing. I've seen quite a few dealers go more towards a used car dealership than interested in new sales.
That C8 is impressive for sure. It seems like every manufacturer in the country all of a sudden has a shortage on their product. I guess after the toilet paper debacle, they all learned that "shortage=higher prices". hahaha

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess who signs an agreement with Ford to sell vehicles?
Guess who can regulate pricing at these dealers?

Go ahead ...take a guess.
Hint ...it's a four letter word that starts with F.
If Ford wants to instruct dealerships to sell at MSRP, no ADM, they can do that.
Ford cannot dictate dealer pricing. Dealerships are private businesses and requiring them to sell for specific prices would be considered price fixing.

Ford could decide how to allocate vehicles to dealers.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford cannot dictate dealer pricing. Dealerships are private businesses and requiring them to sell for specific prices would be considered price fixing.

That’s not correct. I suggest you do some research.

Stevdug

Reaction score
Who cares what price the dealers ask for any vehicle, they will either sell it or they won’t based on market. The part that just kills me are the dealers who post actual pictures of the vehicle on their lot with a completely misleading price (not a stock image and price that is auto generated). I would think it would already be a beatdown for sales staff dealing with repeated calls due to MSRP prices on guru’s and auto trader auto populating but the extra level of dishonesty some go to amazes me and I also doubt that the person talking to you on the phone had much if anything to do with that decision.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If that’s the case, it’s this price gouging what some dealers are doing? Asking for a friend looking to buy…

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guess who signs an agreement with Ford to sell vehicles?
Guess who can regulate pricing at these dealers?

Go ahead ...take a guess.
Hint ...it's a four letter word that starts with F.
Due to the strict automobile franchise laws in this country that protect the middle man, manufacturers are not allowed to directly dictate the price the dealer sells the vehicle for. Those are the same laws that prevent manufacturers from opening factory direct stores. The dealer lobbyists have done everything in their power to force the consumer to go through the dealer for everything.

Most recently they wanted to make over the air updates illegal. Since the customer would receive the update directly from the OEM, the dealer is cut out of the picture. Meaning they want to have the consumer first encounter the potential issue, call the dealer, schedule an appointment (weeks out many times), and drop off/pick up their vehicle for the update - all for something that could have updated itself overnight with no inconvenience to the consumer.

The only thing Ford and other manufacturers can legally do to discourage ADM is through withholding/ prioritizing allocations.