Is the F150 Raptor R Worth $110K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Rich, old, car show kinda guys have entered the chat (not me). If we are being honest, everyone knows the R is better than the TRX, power to weight, lineage, actual round fenders, all that.

I am sure some those guys had to have a TRX too, but would think nothing of trading it in for a loss to have an R.

If they only make a couple thousand of them, it doesn't matter what most of us think it's "worth". The 10 hole garage guys are gonna snap them up, tint the windows and take the mistress out to lunch. On weekends they will use it to trailer the farrari to the local show and shine.

US HWY 666

Reaction score
Rich, old, car show kinda guys have entered the chat (not me). If we are being honest, everyone knows the R is better than the TRX, power to weight, lineage, actual round fenders, all that.

I am sure some those guys had to have a TRX too, but would think nothing of trading it in for a loss to have an R.

If they only make a couple thousand of them, it doesn't matter what most of us think it's "worth". The 10 hole garage guys are gonna snap them up, tint the windows and take the mistress out to lunch. On weekends they will use it to trailer the farrari to the local show and shine.
Farrari?

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it worth 109,145.00? I wish I could buy a total stripper truck but if that is MSRP that is what I will pay but not a dime over.
Knowing what it takes to build even a basic truck and of all the technology in the new R I put my name in hat at my local dealer once the R was confirmed. Got lucky and was offered a new R for MSRP no other adds. The engine alone is 30k and knowing the differentials, transmission and other items are beefed up to hold the power it was a no brainer for me. Tough choice to sell 1 or 2 of my current fleet to pay for it but old age has kicked in and my days of building my own are numbered. My current 57 yr old truck will run circles around the R on the street but it would cost 250K plus to have one built like it at a minimum.
Without question the R will run circles around the TRX on the street and for sure will put more power to the ground than the TRX and be faster by weight alone. Off road the TRX will not be close competition to the R.

Ford Performance is really down playing the new R as folks will soon see.

Love the 3.5 From standard Raptor but not in a Raptor as far too much weight to carry around but add 250 hp and remove 2000 lb and it becomes a fantastic daily driver.

Huge plans for my R if n when it shows and am sure it will be a shocker to most. "dare to be different" LOL

Has everyone heard about the new high perf 6.7? 500hp and 1200 TQ

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it worth 109,145.00? I wish I could buy a total stripper truck but if that is MSRP that is what I will pay but not a dime over.
Knowing what it takes to build even a basic truck and of all the technology in the new R I put my name in hat at my local dealer once the R was confirmed. Got lucky and was offered a new R for MSRP no other adds. The engine alone is 30k and knowing the differentials, transmission and other items are beefed up to hold the power it was a no brainer for me. Tough choice to sell 1 or 2 of my current fleet to pay for it but old age has kicked in and my days of building my own are numbered. My current 57 yr old truck will run circles around the R on the street but it would cost 250K plus to have one built like it at a minimum.
Without question the R will run circles around the TRX on the street and for sure will put more power to the ground than the TRX and be faster by weight alone. Off road the TRX will not be close competition to the R.

Ford Performance is really down playing the new R as folks will soon see.

Love the 3.5 From standard Raptor but not in a Raptor as far too much weight to carry around but add 250 hp and remove 2000 lb and it becomes a fantastic daily driver.

Huge plans for my R if n when it shows and am sure it will be a shocker to most. "dare to be different" LOL

Has everyone heard about the new high perf 6.7? 500hp and 1200 TQ
Sent my build to my dealer today for the HO Powerstroke. Should be interesting. $91k sticker on a SRW 250 Lariat. Prices getting up there.

Kali_Rox

Reaction score
So price to customer is 135, let's say. If Ford set the MSRP at 100, would the customer price be 125 or would dealer raise the ADM and still sell at 135? I think the latter, since price is based on supply and demand, not arbitrary MSRP value. So that begs the questions, what's wrong with Ford taking a bigger cut of the profits, particularly since the R will basically sell itself?

Switching gears a little bit, the general question of whether the R is worth $110k doesn't really take into account what $110k is worth to different people. To someone who makes $50k a year, it's not even obtainable. If you make $200k a year, it's possible, but it hurts. if you make $1million a year, the cost only a concern on principle. If you make millions, it's really not worth the time to think about the cost at all. The more dollars you have, a less a dollar is worth to you.

edit: Should add...I'm not really bothered that there are people out there buying things that I can't afford. I'm not bothered that some people buy stuff that I would appreciate having more then they would. And I don't feel bad that I have some things other people can't afford and might appreciate more than me.
Your edit at the bottom says it all. If only more people had this perspective on life and could adjust there perceptions accordingly.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So price to customer is 135, let's say. If Ford set the MSRP at 100, would the customer price be 125 or would dealer raise the ADM and still sell at 135? I think the latter, since price is based on supply and demand, not arbitrary MSRP value. So that begs the questions, what's wrong with Ford taking a bigger cut of the profits, particularly since the R will basically sell itself?

Switching gears a little bit, the general question of whether the R is worth $110k doesn't really take into account what $110k is worth to different people. To someone who makes $50k a year, it's not even obtainable. If you make $200k a year, it's possible, but it hurts. if you make $1million a year, the cost only a concern on principle. If you make millions, it's really not worth the time to think about the cost at all. The more dollars you have, a less a dollar is worth to you.

edit: Should add...I'm not really bothered that there are people out there buying things that I can't afford. I'm not bothered that some people buy stuff that I would appreciate having more then they would. And I don't feel bad that I have some things other people can't afford and might appreciate more than me.
Oh I don't think there is anything wrong with Ford taking more of the profits. I am just thinking of it from a competitive landscape view. I think Ford knows that their diehard customers will buy it at $150k before they bought a TRX but chose to just take a little extra profit instead of taking advantage. That said, from a supply and demand perspective, MSRP does have some value psychologically. It's the same approach that a lot of retailers use by offering free shipping when they are just baking in the shipping cost on their products.

Worth is definitely subjective to the individual and their financial position but the person making millions typically has that amount of money because of smart financial decisions and paying 20% over on things is likely something they'd avoid out of their financial principles.

I love and completely agree with your view on what people buy. At the end of the day, my decision is solely mine and I don't think twice about someone else's decision to pay more or less. All that said, I am not bothered but am very jealous of all the bastards that can afford trophy trucks. Gotta bump up my sales numbers so I can get one!