Is Full PPF Worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some of these responses crack me up, man. People out here will buy an iPhone for $1200-$1500, spend $15 on a screen protector, and anywhere from $15-$75 on a case, then say spending a few grand on PPF for an $80k-$100k vehicle is absolutely ridiculous.

My opinion: It's all a matter of the value that YOU find in it. Is it worth it to you? Only question you should be asking.
Worst comparison ever…

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your car won’t break if it gets hit by a rock while your phone could shatter if you drop it without a case. Huge difference.

PPF is worth it only on the front end and ceramic is a scam. You can do it for a fraction of the cost in your garage and get the same results.

Ceramic isn’t a scam. The products work (at least the reputable ones) and the price isn’t for the product, it’s for the full paint correction you do beforehand. Doing the same at home is possible but would take you many, many hours, and time is money.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ceramic isn’t a scam. The products work (at least the reputable ones) and the price isn’t for the product, it’s for the full paint correction you do beforehand. Doing the same at home is possible but would take you many, many hours, and time is money.
100% agree on this. My Rap is the first vehicle I’ve ever done ceramic on. I’ll never own another vehicle without it. It’s just so damn easy to keep clean and it’s AMB so basically black. Hell she just got rained on for the first time, and I had to get really close to it just to see it

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
100% agree on this. My Rap is the first vehicle I’ve ever done ceramic on. I’ll never own another vehicle without it. It’s just so damn easy to keep clean and it’s AMB so basically black. Hell she just got rained on for the first time, and I had to get really close to it just to see it

Yea, it’s worth it on the darker colors for sure, and I’d get it on any vehicle you plan on owning more than 5 years. AMB is the perfect color for it!

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, it’s worth it on the darker colors for sure, and I’d get it on any vehicle you plan on owning more than 5 years. AMB is the perfect color for it!
And it definitely seems to be resisting swirls, which is huge. Best $1300 I’ve ever spent

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
9 out of 10 people won’t do “paint correction” before applying.
Paint correction is more than just a wash and clay bar and if you want it done it’s an additional cost on top of the ceramic.
My comment was towards these places charging $1500-2000 to perform a simple wash and apply the ceramic. It’s a scam.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
9 out of 10 people won’t do “paint correction” before applying.
Paint correction is more than just a wash and clay bar and if you want it done it’s an additional cost on top of the ceramic.
My comment was towards these places charging $1500-2000 to perform a simple wash and apply the ceramic. It’s a scam.

Yes, that’s a scam. I don’t know one reputable detailer that will do ceramic over a non corrected surface. If it’s a new vehicle that’s usually a one stage correction, and a compound and polish on anything else.

cplreyes

Reaction score
Honestly, if you’re paint is all jacked up and if you’ve never buffed out swirls or scratches, then hire someone with experience. If your truck’s paint is pretty good, clay bar, buff, remove the wax, apply ceramic coat, smile at your accomplishment.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A middle ground is temporary coatings like people use for track days: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072B9KRGS/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

If you are only occasionally off roading and aren't doing much in the water, you can spray this on before your adventure then turn the hose on it and peel it off when you get home. Of course this requires a bit of planning ahead and a small investment in time, but it's way way cheaper than an actual wrap. Or you can split the difference, have the front end done with a partial to protect from stone chips and stuff on the road and just hit your flanks with the temporary stuff before adventure time.