iPad mini dash installed!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about XM? I can still use it, just hit the media button to scroll over to whatever source you want. I'm still using CDs as well, but only the 6 I left in there when I installed this.

I'm not understanding what you mean by "doing the streaming thing"?

I'm guessing he means Pandora, Spotify, etc., through the iPad.

johndjmix: You can select the SXM input just like Houston Raptor told you - however, you're stuck, from what I understand, with the presets that you load in before you install the iPad. You can still use the radio controls to pick channels if you relocated them somewhere else, say, in the glovebox, but it wouldn't be convenient.

OP
OP
H

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing he means Pandora, Spotify, etc., through the iPad.

johndjmix: You can select the SXM input just like Houston Raptor told you - however, you're stuck, from what I understand, with the presets that you load in before you install the iPad. You can still use the radio controls to pick channels if you relocated them somewhere else, say, in the glovebox, but it wouldn't be convenient.

This is correct. You have ten presets, unless you relocate the controls, but then still wouldn't be convenient. This is definitely not best solution if you listen to a lot of stations or CDs. I mainly listen to 4-6 channels and no CDs, and I like to be able to put it on watch espn and listen to the game, so this worked great for me.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What about XM radio? Can't live without XM and doing the streaming thing every time you get in the truck would be very annoying.

--John

If you hit the SYNC voice button and know the name of the channel you can tune to it. Saying something like "Tune to Sirius The Highway" and it should change to The Highway station on Sirius.

MNWILKO

Reaction score
wow looks great! the only part I'm fuzzy on is if the Sync, and steering wheel controls still work? I would do this in a heart beat with a new 4g LTE iPad.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks awesome, but lacks some features I'd like to have. Wish you could tie it into the OBDII like the Kenwwood Maestro does.

why couldn't you? Get a wireless OBDII connector and an app that reads it and you absolutely could. @DesaRaptor has a setup with a wireless OBDII connector and his iPad mounted on a RAM mount. Don't see why it wouldn't work with this setup.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score