Invoice vs. MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not if you go to right dealer, louisburg ford in kansas sells every vehicle on their lot and ordered for invoice +$50

Volume dealers get huge year end kick backs from the factory. You just have to find the right dealer. I bought my 2011 Mustang for just over invoice, but could not find a dealer willing to come off MSRP window sticker on the Raptor. Raptors are pretty hot in Texas and dont sit on dealer lots for long.

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I guess I'll just check with my locat Ford Dealer on the island first. Go from there I guess. From time of order to delivery whats the norm?....a few months?...I have ZERO issues waiting for something. I'm in no rush...

ejlmoney

Reaction score
Volume dealers get huge year end kick backs from the factory. You just have to find the right dealer. I bought my 2011 Mustang for just over invoice, but could not find a dealer willing to come off MSRP window sticker on the Raptor. Raptors are pretty hot in Texas and dont sit on dealer lots for long.

No offense but I HIGHLY DOUBT bigger dealers get better pricing from Ford. If this were true, small dealers couldn't compete and would be driven out of business. Ford certainly wouldn't want that.

In fact, everything on this website (and other websites) supports very consistent invoice pricing from Ford. It's the same regardless of national geographic location or dealer size.

A bigger dealer MIGHT be able to get a vehicle faster or get you a better price for your trade-in, but there is no difference in invoice pricing for a new vehicle from Ford.

Just my $0.02

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
invoice pricing will always be the same, but im not sure about dealer holdback. i thought the dealers who sold more trucks got better holdbacks. but im ignorant when it comes to this.....

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope...same amount...just a bigger check...done on a monthly basis...Ford can and does tell dealers what vehicles they must take...so if you don't sell any trucks...ford can still make you take delivery a a certain amount...yes the more of a type you sell the greater the chances are you will receive more of those in the future...some dealers complain about being forced to take delivery of a vehicle that doesn't sell well for them...

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I talked to my local Ford dealer today about ordering the truck. Built a 13 extended cab with the only option being the bedliner. The truck came out to $44,810, with the invoice pricing being $41,486. Later in the afternoon the dealer called back saying they talked it over and would sell it to me for $1,000 over invoice.

All in all, not horrible!. I'd love the updraded package but I honestly don't want to pay almost $5K for it. Anyone have any thougths?

- Travis

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I talked to my local Ford dealer today about ordering the truck. Built a 13 extended cab with the only option being the bedliner. The truck came out to $44,810, with the invoice pricing being $41,486. Later in the afternoon the dealer called back saying they talked it over and would sell it to me for $1,000 over invoice.

All in all, not horrible!. I'd love the updraded package but I honestly don't want to pay almost $5K for it. Anyone have any thougths?

- Travis

If you would love it then get it, $5K is $5K but on a $44K truck it is no much. You will pay $5K in gas every 6 months!

Point is if you are spending that amount already get exactly what you want.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had an opportunity to buy a black or blue 12 screw with lux and roof for substantially lower than what I already got my great deal for.

I didn't because it was close but not what I truly wanted. Like everyone says, why nitpick over a couple grand and don't settle, get what you really want.

Not like they're depreciating like normal F150's.