2021 vs 2022 vs 2023 differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodeBlue90

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase my first Raptor in the near future. Looking at anything from new to used with under 25k miles. I'm probably going to buy the Ford Premiumcare either way as I will probably keep this truck 5-7 yr. What is the main differences between the years of trucks that I should be aware of when I'm looking at them? I understand the 21' had the heated wheel and the temp display on the hvac control and that some of the 22' have heated wheels and the R button but no knob display and that 23' only has the R button. Any other differences?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
21s have ambient lighting while some 22s and all 23s don't. 21s use auto start/stop while some 22s and all 23s don't. No torsen on the 23s. For a while they were not adding the tailgate applique. Not sure on the exact time frames for that. Sweet spot seems to be an early build 22.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
To add to the list, 21's and most 22's have heated steering wheel, 21's have numbers displayed on the AC control knobs and 22's don't. Some 21's and 22's had clunking or squeaky shocks, 23's are good with that. It may pay off to check the build date and reference which dates have the improved non clunking shocks.

My 2022 37 was a late August build date, it has ambient lighting and heated steering wheel. No auto start stop, no numbers on AC/Heat control but does have Torsen. I do have the R button as use it everyday. overall I have very few issues with mid year 2022 build date. Find a truck you like and investigate or ask these questions, some may matter to you and some may not. Most important is probably the maintenance records to make sure service was done and the truck was properly cared for. I would also look underneath for condition, check for leaky shocks, seals and rust.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ Right on the money!

21's also have the no auto start option. I really think the 21's and 22's are the best bang for the buck as you get all the nice options that 23 are now missing (of course you can add them your self, but its also a pain).

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ Right on the money!

21's also have the no auto start option. I really think the 21's and 22's are the best bang for the buck as you get all the nice options that 23 are now missing (of course you can add them your self, but its also a pain).
And 21s have lower MSRPs too!

Tbogo

Reaction score
^^ Right on the money!

Yeah my 21 does not have the auto start/stop but has everything else. Had a 2020 802A I bought in 2021 for 66K and totaled it March of this year. Insurance paid me 70K for it so I bought a 21 for 72K with 30K miles. I think the 5 link rear suspension was a much improved feature. Absolutely love this truck!