Introducing the F-150 Tremor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't tell without seeing any pricing information. It surely will be competitive, but where it fits between Raptor and an FX4 package will make a big difference. To me, this looks as though they made a list of all the Raptor specific features/parts that don't cost much to produce, had the design department whip up some logos, and called it finished. Not really a bad idea considering that's pretty much what their competitors do in the Rebel, Trailboss, etc.

Can't really tell without pricing and information on the options, but I wonder if this could spell the end of FWD option in the other trims? Or do people want trucks that aren't built for offroad per say, but can handle it if needed?

huh? They make front wheel drive trucks? LOL?!?! You mean 4wd? HELL no would most buyers be OK going w/o 4WD in even the most basic cloth seat work trim truck...there are many towing situations that would benefit from using 4wd, GOOD LUCK PLOWING w/ 2wd, how bout launching a boat - think the mall crawlers who never offroad would be OK NOT checking off the 4wd box on their $60k luxo truck?

Driving in the snow....they gonna offer a "2WD factory snow package" comes w/ studded blizzaks, 4x50 lb bags of sand, a couple tread mats, a shovel, & a Yeti to keep your coffee warm as ya dig yourself out from a ditch? lol!!!!!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The regular 3.5 EB is the only engine option

No way I'd take that over a Raptor on 35"s w/ 4.10's rocking @ a minimum +50hp & +10tq over the "new" standard non-HO 3.5 that makes 400hp/500tq - but in reality we already know the Gen 3 Raptor is going to pack a version of the powerboost w/ greater than 430hp/570TQ - gun to my head best guess is the Raptor powerboost will make @ a minimum 450hp/600tq - but my money would be closer to 500hp/610TQ -

All that being said the new Raptor is obviously going to have a base MSRP higher than previous w/ all these other trim levels getting more options/tech/features & higher price tags as well

The price really matters. No doubt, the 21/22 Raptor will be a better truck. It looks like my '17 Raptor is a better truck. However, if the Raptor ends up being $20K more, many are going to go with the Tremor. And I imagine additional engine options get added in future model years, particularly if the powerboost sells well.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tremor option is $3975 on the F250 Lariat so one would think it would be similar in options. However if it’s stand alone all bets are off. Would be nice if they make it an option but it sounds like it won’t be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
huh? They make front wheel drive trucks? LOL?!?! You mean 4wd? HELL no would most buyers be OK going w/o 4WD in even the most basic cloth seat work trim truck...there are many towing situations that would benefit from using 4wd, GOOD LUCK PLOWING w/ 2wd, how bout launching a boat - think the mall crawlers who never offroad would be OK NOT checking off the 4wd box on their $60k luxo truck?

Driving in the snow....they gonna offer a "2WD factory snow package" comes w/ studded blizzaks, 4x50 lb bags of sand, a couple tread mats, a shovel, & a Yeti to keep your coffee warm as ya dig yourself out from a ditch? lol!!!!!

Yea, I meant 4WD. My bad. Ford hasn't said what the 3 option packages. Just thinking that the 3 options likely cover the range of options you see in XL -> Limited. Maybe. If that's the case, and there isn't much difference in price between 4WD option and similar Tremor option, was thinking there isn't necessarily the same need for a 4WD option on all the other trim levels. But you are right that there are likely a signicant market for those who want 4WD for non-off road or styling reasons.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I meant 4WD. My bad. Ford hasn't said what the 3 option packages. Just thinking that the 3 options likely cover the range of options you see in XL -> Limited. Maybe. If that's the case, and there isn't much difference in price between 4WD option and similar Tremor option, was thinking there isn't necessarily the same need for a 4WD option on all the other trim levels. But you are right that there are likely a signicant market for those who want 4WD for non-off road or styling reasons.

yeah also I think the more basic trucks have more basic 4wd (like just 4hi or 4lo) capability, I may be wrong but not sure all trucks have 4auto, only the raptor has a 4A mode that behaves more like AWD w/ no binding whatsoever on dry surface due to the unique transfer case and for sure more basic trucks won’t have the locking rear diff or even limited slip

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah also I think the more basic trucks have more basic 4wd (like just 4hi or 4lo) capability, I may be wrong but not sure all trucks have 4auto, only the raptor has a 4A mode that behaves more like AWD w/ no binding whatsoever on dry surface due to the unique transfer case and for sure more basic trucks won’t have the locking rear diff or even limited slip
Lariat and up has 4A

D

Deleted member 17706

The Tremor option is $3975 on the F250 Lariat so one would think it would be similar in options. However if it’s stand alone all bets are off. Would be nice if they make it an option but it sounds like it won’t be.

Your not allowed to be on here. You sold your Raptor. Range Rovers owners are not welcome here :)