Interesting chip shortage note (not raptor specific)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother just bought a new Audi. When he was signing the paperwork, they only gave him one key fob. The dealer told him he would receive the other in a few weeks and that Audi is only sending one key with the car, due to chip shortages, and sending the second once it sells.
Just thought it was interesting how manufacturers are dealing with the shortages.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup I've seen this lately. I actually need an audi key and since I have 1 working key, they won't sell me another

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
This is really a terrible time to be in the market. I feel badly for those who absolutely have to purchase a new vehicle for whatever reason. It's like paying someone to shove bamboo under your fingernails.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my coworkers said the same thing about only getting 1 key when he bought his Audi.

Reaction score
One of my closest friends recently ordered a new BMW X7 and when it arrived (late) not only was it missing a couple of minor features due to chip shortage, but it had the wrong wheels and a couple of other options were wrong. Ford not the only manufacturer that sucks right now.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed on my paperwork for a white 37 ( in production) that “1 Key” was on the form. Is this typical for those who have taken delivery of their Gen 3 or did you get 2 keys

amazin

Reaction score
One of my closest friends recently ordered a new BMW X7 and when it arrived (late) not only was it missing a couple of minor features due to chip shortage, but it had the wrong wheels and a couple of other options were wrong. Ford not the only manufacturer that sucks right now.
My wife’s BMW 428I is in the shop now for minor bumper repair. Collision repair guy told me if BMW’s come to their shop for repair the owner better pray that no parts need to be replaced. He advised that BMW simply can’t get parts, period. I checked at BMW dealership. No new cars! Their in a mess worse than Ford concerning the supply chain.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@amazin my wife's x5 needed new rear airshocks back in Sept. three BMW dealers told us maybe Jan or Feb. The car is not drivable without them. Went to an independent shop who was able to source non-oem parts that come with a lifetime warranty in 2 days.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife’s BMW 428I is in the shop now for minor bumper repair. Collision repair guy told me if BMW’s come to their shop for repair the owner better pray that no parts need to be replaced. He advised that BMW simply can’t get parts, period. I checked at BMW dealership. No new cars! Their in a mess worse than Ford concerning the supply chain.
Interesting. End of October a tree branch fell on the hood of our 18 X5 and needs replaced. My shop ordered an OEM hood and took about 30 days to come in after the estimate and is being repaired as I write this.