Interesting FP model year info..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdselig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I find this interesting. If you’re following along and read my post on my father and I both ordering Raptors. And my information on dealer allocations only being able to submit orders in waves. Yes they can submit but they won’t be entered by Ford. That is why some of us are still waiting for scheduling. If you read that email from a Ford rep to the dealer I was working with you will see what I’m referring to.

So we all assumed Ford gave X amount of 2021 Raptor allocations to dealers that they had commodities to fulfill.. right? Well I’m thinking now Ford had enough commodities to fulfill the initial wave (see Ford email) that they told dealers to enter of their total allocations. Then they forested/hoped they would have commodities to fulfill the remainder of the 2021 allocations.

You may ask why I think this? My father just got off the phone with FP. He initially had a build week of 7/29. He was #1 out of the dealers first of 3 allocations entered. His build week was pushed to 8/2. He called this morning and received a 8/5 build day. All good. My dad brought up how him and I ordered the same day and I wasn’t scheduled yet blah..blah..blah.. In conversation the FP rep told him if production continues to back up or Ford cant keep up they (Ford) will send out letters to us moving us to 2022 model years. He also said their will be NO 2022 changes to the Raptor in fear of upsetting late 2021 Raptor owners.

I find all this very interesting, a bit more transparent and probably realistic than what we all initially hoped for given the current situation we are in.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
So I find this interesting. If you’re following along and read my post on my father and I both ordering Raptors. And my information on dealer allocations only being able to submit orders in waves. Yes they can submit but they won’t be entered by Ford. That is why some of us are still waiting for scheduling. If you read that email from a Ford rep to the dealer I was working with you will see what I’m referring to.

So we all assumed Ford gave X amount of 2021 Raptor allocations to dealers that they had commodities to fulfill.. right? Well I’m thinking now Ford had enough commodities to fulfill the initial wave (see Ford email) that they told dealers to enter of their total allocations. Then they forested/hoped they would have commodities to fulfill the remainder of the 2021 allocations.

You may ask why I think this? My father just got off the phone with FP. He initially had a build week of 7/29. He was #1 out of the dealers first of 3 allocations entered. His build week was pushed to 8/2. He allied this morning and received a 8/5 build day. All good. My dad brought up how him and I ordered the same day and I wasn’t scheduled yet blah..blah..blah.. In conversation the FP rep told him production continues to back up or Ford cant keep up they (Ford) will send out letters to us moving us to 2022 model years. He also said their will be NO 2022 changes to the Raptor in fear of upsetting late 2021 Raptor owners.

I find all this very interesting, a bit more transparent and probably realistic than what we all initially hoped for give. The current situation we are in.

Sounds about right. Wouldn't surprise me if Ford took a bunch of 21 orders knowing they couldn't deliver, because of how easy it will be to just "bump" to a 22.

Essentially, all 21 + 22 Gen 3s are part of one "extended model year".

Given how late the 21s were announced, I suspect this was the plan all along.

OP
OP
J

Jdselig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. So again… I think they gave 8000 (example) total 2021 allocations. Had commodities for 3000 (example). Hoped/forecasted to be able to get commodities for the remainder but if not they turn into 2022’s.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. So again… I think they gave 8000 (example) total 2021 allocations. Had commodities for 3000 (example). Hoped/forecasted to be able to get commodities for the remainder but if not they turn into 2022’s.
i think you are partly right as in they had 8000 allocations. i think though tey have commodities for all but i think at this point its more of a scheduling/production timetable issue as in they had all of a sudden shoehorn in what i would call reworks as in put chips in trucks already done and been sitting to get them out to make up for bad sales months and to not p/o customers that have been waiting. meanwhile the are running up against the end on model year time frame before they switch over to 2022. so i think all in all they didnt plan for this but they trying to get some out as advertised for 2021 and then do the rest for 2022

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score

You may ask why I think this? My father just got off the phone with FP. He initially had a build week of 7/29. He was #1 out of the dealers first of 3 allocations entered. His build week was pushed to 8/2. He called this morning and received a 8/5 build day. All good. My dad brought up how him and I ordered the same day and I wasn’t scheduled yet blah..blah..blah.. In conversation the FP rep told him if production continues to back up or Ford cant keep up they (Ford) will send out letters to us moving us to 2022 model years. He also said their will be NO 2022 changes to the Raptor in fear of upsetting late 2021 Raptor owners.

I find all this very interesting, a bit more transparent and probably realistic than what we all initially hoped for given the current situation we are in.
Maybe post the "letter" so we do not have to go searching?

LPZML

Full Access Member
Reaction score
talked to FP also and they said more then likely if it doesnt have a built date by september they will be converted to 2022 raptors

raptordan2021

Reaction score
I was initially scheduled for build first week of august and was told by FP was pushed to week of August 16. I hope I don’t get pushed back further the wait is starting to become annoying given that I’m waiting to pay msrp on a 75k dollar truck. Who would’ve predicted this market 5 years ago.

raptordan2021

Reaction score
Sounds about right. Wouldn't surprise me if Ford took a bunch of 21 orders knowing they couldn't deliver, because of how easy it will be to just "bump" to a 22.

Essentially, all 21 + 22 Gen 3s are part of one "extended model year".

Given how late the 21s were announced, I suspect this was the plan all along.
I figured they weren’t going to change much on the V6 raptors for 2022 given that the raptor R is coming out. Makes sense