Interest in an Alaska run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then we better all get trax on our trucks!

Or maybe Ice Road Raptors!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could do between Oct and April if this becomes a regular thing.
Well, I'd be down for sure any time in there. However, for the folks making the trek up from the lower 48 the weather could severely hamper their trip. In the winter, many of the roads that would be fun in a Raptor are simply closed or impassable. Also, many of the interesting places to visit are also closed and boarded up for the winter as well as places to stay limited. There are a lot of opportunities for great snow runs, just not a lot of off highway exploring. It can still be quite an adventure, just not the type some are wanting to experience. I picked July as the target month just because that is the most likely time to have good weather. The weather here is VERY unpredictable though. October could be mild and sunny, raining cats and dogs, or already have a foot of snow on the ground. Right now we have nearly no snow and it's 45* and raining. You never know.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, weather is the funky part. i was almost to heat exhaustion at 98 degrees in a metal roofed barn and 20 minutes later is was 67 and raining.

i remember seeing a lot of places (20 years ago) and thinking, damn... if i only had a 4x4.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is definitely a trip I'd love to take!!! However with a family it would become very difficult. Two kids 8 and 6 would not work well in the car for that length of time unfortunately.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
This is definitely a trip I'd love to take!!! However with a family it would become very difficult. Two kids 8 and 6 would not work well in the car for that length of time unfortunately.

That's what the bed is for...

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well Shit - They'd be back there 999% of the time! That WOULD solve the "I've got to pee" issues every 30 minutes. They could just stand up and pee out the back...