Insurance: What the Fr*ck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting.... good to know.

I guess I'll keep my insurance at my parents address then. Sshh..

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wish i had my insurance at my parents location. 13 miles down the road and a whole different pricing situation.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going Scorched Earth on my finances to payoff my mortgage in 2024. Registered my Gen 1 on inop status and dropped insurance on it so I've got my 2012 3.5 ecoboost as a DD right now. $567/6mo with full coverage and reasonable deductible. 64yo, clean record, retired status, in a rural CA Hi Dez zip code. The insurer is Eagle West Insurance, broker is Capitol Insurance Group.

Attachments

• 20240103_091313.jpg
    20240103_091313.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 9

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned zip code is king. I moved from Columbus OH (one of the lowest cost auto insurance states) to St Louis (one of the highest) and my insurance went from $92/mo to $258. No changes in coverage, driving history, etc.

I thought they were fuching with me so I called 3-4 other carriers, they were even worse.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I pay like 150/ a month for three cars including my Raptor all with collision and two motorcycles w/o collision. My wife’s 10-yr old MDX costs almost as much as my 5 yr old Raptor and my 05 CTSV costs around what the motorcycles add lol.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting to see others are seeing ridiculous price increases for insurance. So it does seem to be wide spread.

We have been with Allstate since 1980, yep over 40 years. In the last two years our insurance went up nearly 73% on my GT500 and about 58% on my wife Lincoln. My raptor went up too but it’s on a commercial policy. Home too. Agent said everyone has raised rates.

Bumped up my deductibles to $2k on the autos and $5k on the home along with other adjustments to get the price within reason. We have a million umbrella policy so our first policies have to meet a higher coverage before the umbrella can be added. The umbrella cost went up too.
I called around to see if my agent was right about everyone raising rates and used a broker to compare things as close as possible. State Farm was less but not enough to switch, so staying with Allstate.
I already had some incidents with my raptor where I have paid over $5k out of my pocket so I didn’t have to file a claim. I would raise my deductible on my automobiles if they had a higher limit than $2k. No liens on the autos including the house. Have no debt, learned to hate debt. Ramsey would be proud,