installed borla 140383 tonite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
locouno

locouno

Reaction score
I deleted resonator shortly after install barely any difference just snapping throttle but noticeable difference under hard acceleration with slight interior drone. After 8 months it has gotten way better still cant tell much from in the cab but had a neighbor say truck was a tad loud for a new truck but he liked how it sounded so I had a buddy do a drive by so I could hear it for myself and I must say it sounds mighty good to me. Guess borla did a good job keeping interior drone down that you really cant hear shit while in drivers seat. Happy with my purchase as of now give it time you will notice a significant difference.

Cricket

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback Loucono. Sounds like the sound is better with the resonator off. Did you notice any performance difference or was it the same? Prior to the Borla I had a MBRP exhaust it sounded great but it felt like I lost some low end torque. The MBRP system deleted the stock resonator. When I had the Borla s-Type system installed, I had to put the stock resonator back on. With the Borla on, I noticed a performance increase, especially low end torque. If the performance with the Borla is the same with the resonator off then it's a no brainer to take the resonator off. I would love to hear your feedback on this.

Dan OKeeffe

Reaction score
I have a Borla S muffler that will be installed today, and I am considering deleting the resonator too. As the name suggests it only impacts sound, but I am a little concerned about emissions out here in California.

Anyone have experience here?

Brando

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally had the same set up and was also disappointed. That being said... After it breaks in it gets a little more aggressive. I ended up switching out exhaust system completely 6 months later

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dan OKeeffe

Reaction score
I originally had the same set up and was also disappointed. That being said... After it breaks in it gets a little more aggressive. I ended up switching out exhaust system completely 6 months later

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Brando,
What exhaust did you end up with?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a Borla S muffler that will be installed today, and I am considering deleting the resonator too. As the name suggests it only impacts sound, but I am a little concerned about emissions out here in California.

Anyone have experience here?

Technically speaking the muffler and the resonator have absolutely no effect on emissions. As long as your catalytic converters aren't tampered with you will produce the same #'s on a sniffer test with or without a resonator.

sashishimo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you guys using for a resenator delete? Ive been thinking about contacting borla to see if what they use on the touring would aslo fit the s type.

I had an atak on my 5.0 and it was amazing. I was hoping the s type would at least be quite a bit more agressive than stock.