Borla S-Type + Resonator Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Domin0

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on a question I had regarding Borla’s offerings.

My truck has had the S-Type catback for just over a year now, and I was initially very pleased with how it added some drama to the Ecoboost’s note. It’ll never be a V8, but I liked the aggressiveness, especially on cold start. I also work from home, so don’t do a whole lot of highway driving.

I recently drove about 900 miles over the course of a couple days, and yikes… The highway drone, especially around 65MPH and above was pretttttty annoying.

Has anyone added Borla’s resonator (PN#60650) to their S-Type exhaust, and if so, did it help? It feels dumb to spend money on an aftermarket exhaust part to stifle the volume of another exhaust aftermarket part, and I’m worried about it potentially ending up just as boring as stock… But if it offers mild “sound attenuation” as Borla states, and eliminates the highway drone, I’ll pick one up yesterday.

Thank you!

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on a question I had regarding Borla’s offerings.

My truck has had the S-Type catback for just over a year now, and I was initially very pleased with how it added some drama to the Ecoboost’s note. It’ll never be a V8, but I liked the aggressiveness, especially on cold start. I also work from home, so don’t do a whole lot of highway driving.

I recently drove about 900 miles over the course of a couple days, and yikes… The highway drone, especially around 65MPH and above was pretttttty annoying.

Has anyone added Borla’s resonator (PN#60650) to their S-Type exhaust, and if so, did it help? It feels dumb to spend money on an aftermarket exhaust part to stifle the volume of another exhaust aftermarket part, and I’m worried about it potentially ending up just as boring as stock… But if it offers mild “sound attenuation” as Borla states, and eliminates the highway drone, I’ll pick one up yesterday.

Thank you!
Well to start off, this how I like to put my stock exhaust on my Raptor. It shouldn't try to be a V8 (like the 3rd-gen), it embraces the unique V6 sound.

Anyway, with that out of the way. I really love Corsa exhaust systems and love the way they sound on the Raptor. If I were to choose an exhaust system for zero drone, I would go with the Corsa extreme.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well to start off, this how I like to put my stock exhaust on my Raptor. It shouldn't try to be a V8 (like the 3rd-gen), it embraces the unique V6 sound.

Anyway, with that out of the way. I really love Corsa exhaust systems and love the way they sound on the Raptor. If I were to choose an exhaust system for zero drone, I would go with the Corsa extreme.
Oops...got confused.

I have no idea on Borlas resonator.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got about 10k miles on an s-type with the borla resonator.
At initial install (after stock xpipe was too ricer for me) exhaust was silent. Too quiet, but at least the rasp and the drone you describe were gone.
Now the truck sounds great at idle, WOT and at cruising speeds. No drone.