Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only if you plan on doing heavy off-roading and or high speed off-roading. if your doing just light off-roading. 20's with 35's are perfectly fine. definitely will not perform as ford intended with the 20's but what % of people will use the truck the way ford intended. a huge number won't even see a dirt road heck maybe will never see snow either. so stupid is a idiotic statement. not saying youre an idiot by no means. I am not name calling at all. it is a little much and not really a fact. putting on 20's may be ill advised is perhaps is a better statement, especially if your doing raptor things. if its a street queen then 20s could arguably give a better feel of the road because of less sidewall.
Oh god, so now everyone gets a trophy?

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on subject, 37x12.50x17 BFG KO2's on 17x9 + 12 wheels installed, no rubbing whatsoever, tread of the tire is under the flares, just the sidewall is outside. Perfect fitment. Not sure on full compression in the whoops, however just flexing it and turning has no rub. Amazing how small the truck makes a friggin 37 look...

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention, suspension is 100% stock. No level or anything. No need!

IMG_1856 copy.jpeg

Last edited:

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on subject, 37x12.50x17 BFG KO2's on 17x9 + 12 wheels installed, no rubbing whatsoever, tread of the tire is under the flares, just the sidewall is outside. Perfect fitment. Not sure on full compression in the whoops, however just flexing it and turning has no rub. Amazing how small the truck makes a friggin 37 look...

View attachment 399728
did you lift the front any?

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of that stability difference you notice is because of the linked rear end vs Gen2. I doubt the 37' cause it to wander anymore given contact patch is very similar and same tread design. I've just noticed the more I drive my Gen3 the better it feels everywhere over my Gen2, primarily in the rear in my opinion.

You're probably right. Overall the truck seems mare planted than my Gen 2. I'm happy.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention, suspension is 100% stock. No level or anything. No need!

View attachment 399728
What wheels are those?

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Rhino warlord in matte gunmetal. I don't love them in person as much as when I ordered, but I didn't want a 0 offset so it didn't leave many options. The +12 is perfect.
That is exactly where I am at. Slim pickings for good positive offset wheels IMO.