Installation of SDHQ Rear Frame Reinforcement Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gonna do the install later this week. For those that do not have torque wrenches, will hand tight work? And I mean hand tight with a wrench... not your fingers

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh my god this thing is a giant pain in the ass to install. I have the worst luck too... Starts raining when I'm halfway through...

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Humvee, on the exhaust side, try angling the braces in through the cut-out from above the exhaust tube. I fiddled with that side for a while, but when I tried going in from above it went right in.

On the left side, do not be afraid to pull the brake lines out of that little rubber keeper and flex the lines outward. They'll pop right into the keeper again when the job is complete.

Jason, thanks very much for the torque recommendations. You might include that in the instructions.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ad840957-7af7-680f.jpg
Ruger, which way should the parallelograms be oriented? Upright, correct?

With that said, ff it is upright then the parallelograms will be set up opposite of each other right?

So in the picture the driver side is on the right and the passenger side is the left. Wouldn't this effect the way either sides of the frame were to act when "forced" upon? What do you think?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336572414421.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336572414421.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Humvee, on the exhaust side, try angling the braces in through the cut-out from above the exhaust tube. I fiddled with that side for a while, but when I tried going in from above it went right in.

On the left side, do not be afraid to pull the brake lines out of that little rubber keeper and flex the lines outward. They'll pop right into the keeper again when the job is complete.

Jason, thanks very much for the torque recommendations. You might include that in the instructions.

Damn good. I'm glad I checked this thread whole the rain is passing through. The exhaust side is easy. I'm being a little pansy with the brake lines though :)

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those parallelogram inner pieces are designed to lock into the inner frame in a verticle orientation. The way I did it was to barely thread the inner piece onto the bolt holding the outer frame cutout plug so that the bolt could be used as a handle. Once the inner piece is inside the frame rail, you can stick a pinky finger or a screwdriver through the coutout and flip it to a verticle orientation so that as you torque down the bolt the inner piece locks in place.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Granted this will never work as good as the stage 3 kits, but does this work at all? I don't off road enough to justify the stage 3 but would like to strengthen it, is this enough?