SDHQ Bump Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed a set of Deaver +4 springs, while I ordered through SVC, they shipped direct from Deaver. The instructions said to reuse the OEM unbolt top plate but the springs came with a top plate pre installed, since the top plate didn’t fall off during shipping or installation, I assume the top plate was secured” under” the nuts of the centering bolts, so logically I used the supplied top plate. I have received my SDHQ bump pads and the kit included new u-bolt top plates, they don’t connect to the bump pads in any fashion, so my assumption is, I don’t need them. So… anyone who has installed Deaver Springs, did your springs come with u-bolt top plates installed? Or is the pre installed top plate a new thing? Or if anyone has installed SDHQ bump pads, did you use the supplied top plates, thanks.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Deavers didn’t come with top plates so I needed to use the SDHQ top plate. I ordered the deavers about 2 years ago. I preferred using the SDHQ ones over the factory ones, didn’t want to do any unnecessary disassembly. I ordered the 3+ FWIW.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Deavers didn’t come with top plates so I needed to use the SDHQ top plate. I ordered the deavers about 2 years ago. I preferred using the SDHQ ones over the factory ones, didn’t want to do any unnecessary disassembly. I ordered the 3+ FWIW.
Thanks, the pre installed plate seemed “ beefier” than OEM. I was hoping to hear from someone that their springs didn’t have a plate. I’m guessing it’s a new thing or somehow related to ordering through SVC, they were only vendor with + 4 option, or so I recall. Given my plate is attached, I guess I’ll not use SDHQ plate and just retorque my bolts today.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i was semi surprised to not have a pre installed plate. I attempted to use the factory one on one of them but the top nut that holds it all together was wider than the hole on the factory one so I was going to have to bore it out with a drill bit. Felt kinda janky. Was happy to see the SDHQ kit came with a good top plate.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the SDHQ plate is a little beefier than Deavers plate. I wish I could use it, but since the plate is under the nut, I’d have to stack, and that doesn’t seem too wise. I have SDHQ A pillar mounts and now these bump pads, impresses with their quality, especially their supplied hardware, more than you need, and good stuff.And I got a cool SDHQ coaster to put in my cup holder, cool beans.IMG_0450.jpeg