Infinite Reality's LED Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bingo, I switched the map lights and it followed the LED. Now some of the individual LEDs are not working, so the question is....are there high quality LED's for this application? I've been in there 3 to 4 times, so I will pay more for quality.

BTW, I put the old bulbs back in and holy cow, they are dim!

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Bingo, I switched the map lights and it followed the LED. Now some of the individual LEDs are not working, so the question is....are there high quality LED's for this application? I've been in there 3 to 4 times, so I will pay more for quality.

BTW, I put the old bulbs back in and holy cow, they are dim!

"supposedly" they're Samsung LEDs, but not totally sure I believe that. In my past searches, always found one's that claimed that brand yet some cost more some less. All appeared to be identical, so not totally sure if there is a high quality version of replacement lights other than buying the LEDs individually making your own setup with a 194 base.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"supposedly" they're Samsung LEDs, but not totally sure I believe that. In my past searches, always found one's that claimed that brand yet some cost more some less. All appeared to be identical, so not totally sure if there is a high quality version of replacement lights other than buying the LEDs individually making your own setup with a 194 base.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I would even buy one of those kits that have been discussed on the forum if the people putting them together had some idea of the composition. Knock on wood, all the other lights have been good, just the map and license plate lights which are the same bulb.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

And thanks again for all the legwork you did in finding the correct conversions. I wouldn't be near this far along without your help!

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Seems longevity of the bulbs is hit or miss, kind of like the hyper flash with Spyder LED tails. I can't run them for whatever reason, but other people can without issues.

You're welcome!! I initially was just doing it to do it and logged it all on a thread. Then I got carried away, lol. I am surprised not much has changed in last 18 months in what bulbs are available.

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the flashing license plate light until I replaced the led bulb with another led bulb and the problem went away. I think it was just a bad LED

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
agreed. I mistakenly ordered twice as many of these LEDs which work in both the map and license plate lights. Ironically, I have now used my last one.

I've ordered some different LEDs that appear to be of higher quality and will report on them when they get here next week.

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need to do my interior still.

infinitereality, no problems with hyper flash with the front LED turn signals you bought?

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I need to do my interior still.

infinitereality, no problems with hyper flash with the front LED turn signals you bought?

I have no problem with only fronts done, but it'***** or miss with our trucks ti seems.

Some people have no issues with fronts, some do.
Some people have no issues with Spyder tails, some do (me being the latter).

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I just need to buy and find out. I have some aftermarket LED taillights I bought from an FRF member. Dont know the brand though.