Infinite Funded Raptor- Thoughts/Ideas needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PFraptor

Reaction score
I've been approached by my boss asking to build a 6.2 motor for his 2012 Raptor. He told me price is not an issue.

Me and a co-worker will be building/upgrading the current motor. He told us it needs to be fast. I'd like to build something unique as well. Not just your standard bolt-on charger. He liked the idea of Hennesy Velociraptor TT kit.

But honestly I came here to ask your thoughts and opinions of what you think would be the CATS ASS in a raptor.

Just please post up your ideas of what you think would be the greatest thing in a Raptor 6.2.

Sincerely, Gabriel

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Built engine, forged internals, custom cam, ect. Keep it N/A and make it 700-800hp easy. Another thing to consider is this: Tires are only rated for 110mph.

OP
OP
P

PFraptor

Reaction score
Built engine, forged internals, custom cam, ect. Keep it N/A and make it 700-800hp easy. Another thing to consider is this: Tires are only rated for 110mph.

Great point on the tires. I wonder if Roush makes parts these 6.2s. Any information on high output n/a 6.2s? Anyone bore these blocks yet?

Thanks for the reply.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
P

PFraptor

Reaction score
That's where I'd start for speed.

But you need to ask yourself what kind of speed you want. For an offroad truck, I'm thinking top end would be way down the list. Lower rear end and power throughout the rpm range

Everything will be put into play. I'm really loving the livernois idea. Ray says we should buy the rotating assembly...the 400ci kit with the livernois ported heads... So that probably will happen.

I'm thinking 130mph should be as fast as it needs to go. But blistering acceleration...

Were going to see what Roush says as well.

I'll let you guys know for sure and obviously post pics later on in life. Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Everything will be put into play. I'm really loving the livernois idea. Ray says we should buy the rotating assembly...the 400ci kit with the livernois ported heads... So that probably will happen.

I'm thinking 130mph should be as fast as it needs to go. But blistering acceleration...

Were going to see what Roush says as well.

I'll let you guys know for sure and obviously post pics later on in life. Thanks

Its going to have brembo 6 pots...I like the upgraded suspension idea.. Thats a giving I suppose. Gotta have it all.