If you were only putting 1 set or 1 light bar on your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Brian on the output of a 20" light in the bumper.

But if I only had one choice I might go with 4 Lightforce lamps (probably would break the $1,000 budget) on a lightbar. I think BigJ is the only Raptor running Lightforce lamps (there may be others I don't know about).
If you include the price of the light bar in the price, this option would probably double the budget!

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

A 22" OnX or 4 Cell 30" for your price range would be amazing and puts out more light then 50" Competitors bars. Definitely the brightest you could get for under $1000. Fully American Made and backed by our lifetime warranty.
How does the output of the 22" OnX compare with other lower grill light bars? Rigid E-Series, Vision-X Xmitter Xtreme, etc.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's an interesting post I found on this very subject:

"Cheap-and-nasty lights will wind up disappointing you. They won't hold up well, nor will they work well. Try and get the best quality lights you can. If that were my budget and my need, I would pick up six cheap and rugged PAR46 housings such as these or these, both of which are available on amazon.com ( here and here, the same chrome photo is shown for both, but in fact one is chromed and one is painted).

Then I'd go hit Daniel Stern for some optics to put in them. If I guess correctly, he'll recommend four Cibie driving beam units to fit the housings, with appropriate bulbs. Might come in over your budget, but not by much, and if you plead poverty he'll probably have a "next best" option to recommend."

Link to above: Looking for off road lights, whats the best bang/buck?

Speaking of Daniel Stern, you light freaks might really appreciate his website and tech info such as this page: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
[/url]

I think the above solution is the answer to the OP's question. You guys should check this out for a most-bang-for-the-budget solution.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would love to put in some of the LED light bars and fog light kits I'm seeing, and am considering the HID headlight kit from the 2013. But considering how expensive most of these LED light bars are, most seem pretty vulnerable to getting damaged by rocks getting flung up at the front of your truck. I'm constantly getting pelted in winter by rocks and gravel on the highway, no matter how careful I am. Only kit that seems somewhat protected are the M&R kits behind the grill. Anybody breaking lights on these bars or are they far stronger and rock resistant than I'm thinking?

Baja Designs light bars are made of CNC aluminum housings with polycarbonate lens. I have never seen one lens break even through recorded crashes up to 96 mph. What also makes BD lights unique is they are the only user serviceable, customizable light bars on the market and still has a lifetime warranty.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

If you include the price of the light bar in the price, this option would probably double the budget!

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

How does the output of the 22" OnX compare with other lower grill light bars? Rigid E-Series, Vision-X Xmitter Xtreme, etc.

Both are great competitors bars but the OnX definitely is of higher build quality, higher overall performance and brightness.
Here's a night shot of an OnX and competitors.

onxvs.jpg

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to put in some of the LED light bars and fog light kits I'm seeing, and am considering the HID headlight kit from the 2013. But considering how expensive most of these LED light bars are, most seem pretty vulnerable to getting damaged by rocks getting flung up at the front of your truck. I'm constantly getting pelted in winter by rocks and gravel on the highway, no matter how careful I am. Only kit that seems somewhat protected are the M&R kits behind the grill. Anybody breaking lights on these bars or are they far stronger and rock resistant than I'm thinking?

Go to YouTube and search for the Rigid Industries torture tests. More damage than you will ever put it them thru. Like being shot, dragged behind a truck, hit with a sedge hammer, submerged in water, etc. Also Rigid started the behind the grille kits for the Raptor.

OP
OP
Utraptor

Utraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like it would be hard to go wrong with a Rigid Light Bar. I don't think there would be any truck left if I was able to abuse the bar like the video.
Anyone have a picture of a 50" roof mounted?