GEN 2 ICON .5-2.25" Attitude Adjustment Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigzaj

Reaction score
I had icons put on my 2017 a few weeks back, set at 1". The collar does not seem to be closed fully to where the two halves of the collars meet, but instead has about 1/8" - 1/4" gap between with the screw threads exposed.

Is this normal? Seems like they are being held on / together by the shear strength of the screws.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had icons put on my 2017 a few weeks back, set at 1". The collar does not seem to be closed fully to where the two halves of the collars meet, but instead has about 1/8" - 1/4" gap between with the screw threads exposed.

Is this normal? Seems like they are being held on / together by the shear strength of the screws.

I haven't installed mine yet (debating on going the Geiser Bros route instead), but that doesn't seem right at all.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The gap is normal. The load on these is a downward force of the springs and that is stopped by the collar seating in the groove on the shock. Even with no gap the two pieces mate with a flat machine face so the sheer strength of the screws would still be what holds them together.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. But I would think that the collars would be designed to fit without a gap... I would be concerned they weren't seated properly in the groove if there is a gap...

Chas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon leveling kit

I know this is a old post but I have the GEN 2 Icons on my 2017 set at 2.25" no problems so far

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know this is a old post but I have the GEN 2 Icons on my 2017 set at 2.25" no problems so far

Any pics of how the truck looks now at 2.25"? I am considering the Adjustable RPG and I am debating which setting I should use for mine.

Chas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is set at 2.25", I put a tape on it and it's about 5/8" taller in the rear still.

I'm running Method NV's with 0 offset and 4.75" back spacing with the factory 315/70/17 BFG KO2's.

Here are a few pics!

nnC3KYS.jpg
89zqosU.jpg
aGYAvLX.jpg
Ase5FJJ.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter