ICON 3.0 testing and other craziness video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Lol yeah it survived the filming but I did crack the case (go pro) in a different shot where I tagged it with the rear diff.

The first day I shot most of that video was the first time with both the front and rears on it. At the time the rear felt pretty good comparing it to stock and considering the amount the rear was dancing with the lack of traction. After I watched the videos from the first day I realized it was kicking more then I felt. I turned the rebound in one revolution for the second day, so rebound ended up being 6.5 out first day and 5.5 the second. I'll mess with it more but probably wait till it dries up when I'm not fighting for traction. Overall I'm happy with them. I would have been way out of control with the stock shocks.
6.5 turns out is A LOT of rebound on these puppies! I found that between 4-5 turns out is best... you'll have FAR less kick, like you were seeing.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Lol yeah it survived the filming but I did crack the case (go pro) in a different shot where I tagged it with the rear diff.

The first day I shot most of that video was the first time with both the front and rears on it. At the time the rear felt pretty good comparing it to stock and considering the amount the rear was dancing with the lack of traction. After I watched the videos from the first day I realized it was kicking more then I felt. I turned the rebound in one revolution for the second day, so rebound ended up being 6.5 out first day and 5.5 the second. I'll mess with it more but probably wait till it dries up when I'm not fighting for traction. Overall I'm happy with them. I would have been way out of control with the stock shocks.

Yeah that's what I was seeing also...It sounds like you have a handle on it..
I'm sure you know that things will change as you add weight to the rear and like you said the driving conditions change.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a great baseline to go from...

The SHORT tube should be 16 clicks (4 full turns)
The LONG tube should be 12 clicks (3 full turns)
The REBOUND should be 20 clicks (5 full clicks)

From there, you can customize based on what you like, what weight you carry, which springs you have, etc.

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a great baseline to go from...

The SHORT tube should be 16 clicks (4 full turns)
The LONG tube should be 12 clicks (3 full turns)
The REBOUND should be 20 clicks (5 full clicks)

From there, you can customize based on what you like, what weight you carry, which springs you have, etc.

Cool, next time I head out I'll try that set up and see how she does

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Always like to see someone out doing work and most of all having fun....Nice little test session!

I think there was solid advise given, but we are always here to help as well. You are welcome to call in and speak with one of our shock engineers who will assist you with any tuning or technical questions you have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey what are your settings beside the suspension, what else do you have?
leaf springs?
bump stop kit?

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RPG stage three rear suspension with standard national springs and the fox bump stops. RPG race line upper control arms. I have RPG tie rods to go on but haven't had time to install them. The sway bar is also off.