I think I'm in love....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWooginator

Reaction score
Hey everyone! New guy here, although I've been lurking for some time hoping that eventually I'd find what I think could be a good deal and have you guys give me a sanity check. That day has arrived.

Purely by chance, I happened upon a local high-end used car dealer that had a hot-sh*t 2012 tuxedo black SCREW for sale about 5 mins from my house in NoCO. Here's the details:

43k miles
what appears to be a 3" or so body lift
moto metal wheels w/ (i think) 37x12.50 nitto terras. I forgot to grab the specs but I'll re-post when I go back for 2nd's
N-fab front bumper with the prerunner style skid plate and quad light array hooked up to the factory aux switches
bullydog gas tuner
all the sweet factory options except for moonroof which I don't really care about anyway: luxury pkg, high end sony sound pkg, power sliding rear window, etc
Asking price: 48k

I took it for a spin and I gotta say... it's a bitchin' ride! I just want to see what you guys think about it price-wise and what your thoughts are about the body lift? I'm thinking parking garages are strictly off limits at anything above stock height :D

Looking forward to any comments and clarity!

Jay

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im personally not going to tune mine...if the warranty is important to you, then that will be an issue. That's just me though. If you dont care, then go for it.

And yeah, take the lift off if you do buy it. You could probably sell it and recoup some cash for a mod that is more practical

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, at 43k on the odometer, you need to knock them down at least another 5k on the price. You ought to be able to get a new screw for 3 or 4 thousand more. And if you get it, ditch the lift.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Welcome! I'd keep looking off I were you. That's high miles for the price. Plus that 3" lift is a deal breaker!

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're better off ordering from a dealer. If you don't mind the wait you can get a new one for the same price at the right dealer. Even if you don't get a great deal another 3-5k is worth buying new when spending that much.

But if you want this one I would knock off at least another 5k. Whether or not you want to get rid of the body lift tell them you do. That's going to run you at least 1k in labor to remove. Then your going to need new tires since the 37's will no longer fit which are another 1500-2000k.

OP
OP
T

TheWooginator

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight guys. I'm fairly certain the truck was just a street queen and did a lot of highway miles back and forth between CO and WY, so it hasn't been abused at least. Here's a link to the truck in case you guys are curious:
http://www.magnummotorsofloveland.net/detail.aspx?id=3413555&PrefID=1647&.aspx

The body lift also wasn't done as well as it could've been. Didn't look like it came from a pro kit based on what I saw. The kit can be removed though so... I didn't know enough about the perch mods before looking at it to know if it has been altered in that respect.