I Pulled The Trigger, FINALLY!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dealer already tinted the front sides with cheap 30%. The next day I took it to my tint shop and had them take it off and tint the whole truck with ceramic. 50% windshield 35%moonroof 5% front sides and 20% on the back.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone, couple of questions. What kind of break in period do Yall recommend?

Whats the best Tonneau cover under 1000?

1,000 - 3,000 miles ...some place in there....do you first oil change......the follow the oil life schedule. I change mine at 20% or so....some place around 8,000 a change.

I have th back flip 4 cover....works great....but pretty easy to break into if someone was so inclined.

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crjdriver said:
Hey everyone, couple of questions. What kind of break in period do Yall recommend?

I agree with goblues38. I did normal driving w/o leadfooting (much) for over 1000 miles and do my oil change at 3000.
No issue so far
Granted I don't put much mileage on but I've always been a believer in frequent oil changes for 2 main reasons.
1. gets rid of any possible crankcase debris that the filter might miss and a tech should notice.
2. its in front of Ford that you're staying on top of the vehicle maintenance.
CYA in paperwork. 27 years govt employment taught me that.

Last edited: