GEN 1 I need Help please - Front grinding noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or hopefully someone who has heard it before can assist!! I haven't had any issues on mine like that but previous owner damn sure rode it hard and put it up wet so I'm following along for future reference heh. That said, I'd swap those transfer case solenoids since you have 'em to see if it cures the wrench symbol, and inspect the transfer case fluid while you're at it. The transfer case would still be transferring to rear wheels only in 2WD so maybe she's trying to tell you something...

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm I hear a ginormous pissed-off bumble bee lodged in your sliding rear window. And tire noise. Ima go down there and swap in my stock wheels and KO2's with like 40k miles on 'em, and we can eliminate that from the equation!! I still say check transfer case, pull the codes for whatever else might be lighting up that SES, and...was this truck one of the ones that got flooded a few years ago there???

OP
OP
SVTRaptorGT500

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
Or hopefully someone who has heard it before can assist!! I haven't had any issues on mine like that but previous owner damn sure rode it hard and put it up wet so I'm following along for future reference heh. That said, I'd swap those transfer case solenoids since you have 'em to see if it cures the wrench symbol, and inspect the transfer case fluid while you're at it. The transfer case would still be transferring to rear wheels only in 2WD so maybe she's trying to tell you something...
Shoot man, I'm going to change the front diff fluid today. Just in case,
Hmm I hear a ginormous pissed-off bumble bee lodged in your sliding rear window. And tire noise. Ima go down there and swap in my stock wheels and KO2's with like 40k miles on 'em, and we can eliminate that from the equation!! I still say check transfer case, pull the codes for whatever else might be lighting up that SES, and...was this truck one of the ones that got flooded a few years ago there???
No flood damage.
I did change that fluid, about 3 weeks ago or so maybe 4

That bumble bee is a cup of change in my cup holder hehe

The code is an EVAP code, but I will pull code see if any new ones tonight,

Thanks!

OP
OP
SVTRaptorGT500

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
Ok,
Let me break it down,
I have done the following ...
- new oil pan gasket
- Front Diff Seals
- cv axles
- UCA
- LBA
- Tie rods
- IWE's
- front calipers (rotors are a yr old)
- wheel bearing hubs
- vacuum solenoid
- check valve
- vacuum hoses
- changed all of the fluids under my truck (Oil, rear diff, transfer case)
- Alignment

I still am getting the vibration/grinding noise ... I will say that it isn't as bad as it was.

I still haven't done,
- changing the front diff fluid and Transfer case shift motor. Also I have the rear calipers that I need to change out.

Anything else that any of you can think of?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Ok,
Let me break it down,
I have done the following ...
- new oil pan gasket
- Front Diff Seals
- cv axles
- UCA
- LBA
- Tie rods
- IWE's
- front calipers (rotors are a yr old)
- wheel bearing hubs
- vacuum solenoid
- check valve
- vacuum hoses
- changed all of the fluids under my truck (Oil, rear diff, transfer case)
- Alignment

I still am getting the vibration/grinding noise ... I will say that it isn't as bad as it was.

I still haven't done,
- changing the front diff fluid and Transfer case shift motor. Also I have the rear calipers that I need to change out.

Anything else that any of you can think of?

Thanks!
Just curious what size are your tires?

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Tires can cause vibration and unusual noise, but you have done so much chasing this issue that maybe it's time to take it in. You say that these tires are the exact to what you posted but tell me that they are 17" not 20" as described above.