GEN 1 I need Help please - Front grinding noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
Hello friends! (n00b here)
I have a 2011 Raptor, am having grinding noise in the front and vibration in the gas pedal.

I have changed the wheel bearing hubs, and am about to change the actuators along with the cv axles.
Before I do this, I would like to replace seals on the front differential. I did get a replacement seal for the driver side but I don't know what the part number for the other side is, in fact the passenger side looks completely different.
I am having a hard time looking for part numbers since I really don't know what a lot of these parts are called.

If you all can help me or point me in the right direction, I need somewhere I can find part names and numbers for my truck.

TIA! (and SIA if I put this thread in the wrong location)

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello friends! (n00b here)
I have a 2011 Raptor, am having grinding noise in the front and vibration in the gas pedal.

I have changed the wheel bearing hubs, and am about to change the actuators along with the cv axles.
Before I do this, I would like to replace seals on the front differential. I did get a replacement seal for the driver side but I don't know what the part number for the other side is, in fact the passenger side looks completely different.
I am having a hard time looking for part numbers since I really don't know what a lot of these parts are called.

If you all can help me or point me in the right direction, I need somewhere I can find part names and numbers for my truck.

TIA! (and SIA if I put this thread in the wrong location)
before you go through all the trouble, does the problem go away in 4wd?

OP
OP
SVTRaptorGT500

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
I get a wrench light when I tried to engage the 4 wheel drive a few months back, 2 or 3 months.

I did already make some purchases, CV axles and actuators. When I installed the new hubs, everything in that area was pretty worn out. I cleaned it out as best i could.

OP
OP
SVTRaptorGT500

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
haven't replaced yet, I did purchase them. I want to also change out the vacuum hoses since they are old.

FYI - I purchased my truck used with 164k miles. I have put about 50k and she was totally not taken care of. I have been getting her up to speed.