I know 2nd time I said this but getting SC now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes my research found that same thing the first time I was going to SC the truck. and I am going to whipple this time for 3 reasons first the gen 3 is supposed to run much more efficient and I can get a good deal on it,lol but most important the tune or tuning on the whipple buy whipple/ford is "supposed" to be the better and they have revised it. everyone else made their tune and left it.
if for some reason Whipple lags I have no problem jumping ship back to roush (my first choice)
thank you for your reply
i

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

what injectors are the roush kits using? messing with pullys outside of what is know isn't for me anymore. 10 years ago I would of slapped anypart you wanted on my truck. I have had bad luck experimenting with pullys back with my AMG. it would run like a ***** ape 1/8th mile and fall on its face last 1/8 from heat even with extra heat exchanger and extra water pump. lol I even stuck an experimental Cam in it. I had no fear back then also had more money didn't care if I blew a 40K motor Id build it better. them days are gone now.

last question do you have the oil gear upgrade?

Kit uses a 47lb injector which is good for this combo

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Roush guys claim that Roush make more power in the lower and mid power range has long been proven that it only applies to Whipple guys still running the stage one.
Whipple was running a 3.650 and a 3.500 pulley with 47 lbs. injectors and the Tune was an old one for the stage 1.

The stage II Whipple and revised Tune has a smaller pulley 3.250 so Whipple spools up just as fast if not faster.
Plus now that the newer Whipple Tunes do allow you to run and even smaller pulleys 3.125 (recommended with headers).

47 lbs. is good for Roush since the 2.3L TVS couldn't benefit from the larger new 60 lbs. injectors that Whipple uses now.

And if you really want to go all out without major engine work, running a **** kit with the Whipple is a big bonus, plus it helps all around with heat.
I sure would like to see someone with the **** kit and The Gen3 Whipple upgrade post some results on the forum.
But these guys (Big Money!!!) normally don't bother with forums, they just leave all that stuff to the speed shops they use.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roush guys claim that Roush make more power in the lower and mid power range has long been proven that it only applies to Whipple guys still running the stage one.
Whipple was running a 3.650 and a 3.500 pulley with 47 lbs. injectors and the Tune was an old one for the stage 1.

The stage II Whipple and revised Tune has a smaller pulley 3.250 so Whipple spools up just as fast if not faster.
Plus now that the newer Whipple Tunes do allow you to run and even smaller pulleys 3.125 (recommended with headers).

47 lbs. is good for Roush since the 2.3L TVS couldn't benefit from the larger new 60 lbs. injectors that Whipple uses now.

And if you really want to go all out without major engine work, running a **** kit with the Whipple is a big bonus, plus it helps all around with heat.
I sure would like to see someone with the **** kit and The Gen3 Whipple upgrade post some results on the forum.
But these guys (Big Money!!!) normally don't bother with forums, they just leave all that stuff to the speed shops they use.

Hum I have ARH long tubes but I am going to run what ever pulley comes with the gen3 stage 2 kit. it gets to hot here to be messing around spinning that thing to fast. the gen 3 is what sold me over to Whipple I dont want to cancel it out by working it harder. but I could see the HP junkies going for it.
I just need that thing to ship already. I am putting off a new Art Morrison Frame so I can buy this thing and making me wait is making me want to change my mind lol. come on Whipple get the elves working over time damn it

in all my reading and dyno charts I did notice the Roush had lower end and more of it but you are correct I have no idea what the Whipple was set up as. Same with my headers I went ARH as it was more low end than SW. my goal is 0-80 as fast as possible not hitting 200mph is this beast of a truck. next upgrade is new brakes also hopefully bear or wildwood makes a set for us cuz the Brembo is crazy money. lol

Last edited:

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to be clear Whipple don't have Gen 3 in stock everything is a marketing stunt, they build them per order. I was one of the first to order and it took 8 weeks.

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to be clear Whipple don't have Gen 3 in stock everything is a marketing stunt, they build them per order. I was one of the first to order and it took 8 weeks.

did you get it yet?
I know they dont stock anything kind of weird but they dont.
but I was told dec 2nd I hope it's not BS. The guy that ordered it for me pulls weight there so I think I will get it sooner than later.
problem is I am impatient like no other and I have many projects that could use this 10K including a trip to Maui. (shh not really I just say that in case the wife reads this shit one day)
so tell us about it, can you butt dyno feel the extra power? do you log IATs did they drop? sound better? I want mine to scream but not over heat lol

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before I placed the order Whipple people told me it's in stock and I can have it in 2-3 weeks, but eventually, it took 8 weeks. now my truck at JDM shop for installation and dyno tuning. I hope to have the truck ready by the end of the week.

awesome can't wait to see before and after dyno results. one thing I dont understand if your just popping in the new blades why tuning? are you swapping the pulleys also?

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new tuning is to optimize the performance and also we might go from 47lb injectors to 60lb to squeeze the most out of the blower. (HP per $$$ )

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new tuning is to optimize the performance and also we might go from 47lb injectors to 60lb to squeeze the most out of the blower. (HP per $$$ )

oh yes I didn't know you didn't have the 60lb injectors(stage 2 whipple yes?). that's a good choice and of coarse you need to tune after for that anyways. I was under impression all came with 60lbs?

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
oh yes I didn't know you didn't have the 60lb injectors(stage 2 whipple yes?). that's a good choice and of coarse you need to tune after for that anyways. I was under impression all came with 60lbs?

Who are you going with for tuning the Whipple? Someone local or email via a supporting vendor on here?

I may flip to a whipple too lol

Most kits I've seen have the 60lbs for the Stage 2 whipple package which has 11psi.
The 9 psi kit has the 47s.