I know 2nd time I said this but getting SC now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already decided I am not going to spend the money on the 2017 or 2018 even though I like the technology.
I was going to get Roush then just lately Whipple cuz they have the gen 3 now with tons more power BUT I changed my damn mind again, lol. it will take some one that knows both to talk me out of it this time besides I want to order it Monday so who do I order it from?
5 Star I have emailed and called Chris a few times no reply at all. first email he replied then I asked about the Roush 2650 and Black Friday sales LOL guess not to both cuz no reply.
JDM I am kinda turned off by them when he quoted me the Whipple products I asked the same thing about Black Friday he said no his prices can't be beat. well it took me 3 seconds to find the heat exchanger a lot cheaper like 150 cheaper and that was just the HE. then to top it of the next day after saying that he posted a sales price here. didn't tell me the price though lol guess he didn't know I was on this site? oh well
anyone else that supports this site you guys recommend? Im not a cheap ass I just dont want to buy a SC Monday and few weeks later Black Friday its 20% cheaper or what ever.

also has anyone ran the TVS brand SC before is it the same exact kit as the Roush? I think Magnuson has a no compete contract or something but I wish they made a heart beat for the raptor I would buy in a second.

any thoughts? thanks as always for your help
ops another side note. I already installed BDS traction bars the recoil system looks cool and fixed wheel hop for now we will see after SC it has a lot of adjustment so I am sure it will be fine. at $800 it was the best and pretty fair priced especially if the technology in it really works.

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will highly recommend Whipple Gen 3, don't believe what vendors promise, they all about making money. do your own research. if you remember I ordered gen 3 after Whipple told me they have plenty of them and I can have it in 2 weeks and guess what, we are at week 6 and no SC. this practice of switch and bite apply to most vendors here. (and I dealt with most of them in the past ) . soon as you place the order and pay the run around began.

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will highly recommend Whipple Gen 3, don't believe what vendors promise, they all about making money. do your own research. if you remember I ordered gen 3 after Whipple told me they have plenty of them and I can have it in 2 weeks and guess what, we are at week 6 and no SC. this practice of switch and bite apply to most vendors here. (and I dealt with most of them in the past ) . soon as you place the order and pay the run around began.

Wait, vendors are in business to make money? NO WAY!!! Maybe with that ****** attitude you have they are just ******* with you......lol

To the OP - don't fall into the trap of not trusting vendors on this site. On the flip side, and being from the vendor world myself, don't start off the conversation by acting like a broke-ass, pissed-off customer. Ask the questions you want answered, learn what is out there from that vendor, and then ask for his best price. It's a 2-way street you know. If you start out stating you are broke and already dissatisfied, then what's the motivation for a vendor to work their ass off to make you happy?

Sure, as vendors, we are out there to make money (duh). But there are a lot of us that want to help and enjoy making the customer happy and love it when they brag about it in this forum. Keep looking and you'll find that particular vendor that fits your needs and personality. Just don't expect to order Gucci parts at a Walmart price. It's just not a reasonable expectation........

Good luck with your search!!! There are a lot of vendors on here ready to help. BELIEVE IT!!!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dealt mostly with Rick from Freedom Motorsports. I am really happy with the service, prices and no run around attitude and service.
SVC off road and ADD was great to deal with. They fabricate stuff so keeping in mind that aspect of the realm, service was great. The good deal is a perception. ^^^^^Vendors are in the business to make money, of course. But as long as you are happy with the price that all that matters. May be you should wait till black Friday and not rush into doing things right this second.

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dealt mostly with Rick from Freedom Motorsports. I am really happy with the service, prices and no run around attitude and service.
SVC off road and ADD was great to deal with. They fabricate stuff so keeping in mind that aspect of the realm, service was great. The good deal is a perception. ^^^^^Vendors are in the business to make money, of course. But as long as you are happy with the price that all that matters. May be you should wait till black Friday and not rush into doing things right this second.

i will give 5 stars to Freedom Motorsports and 5star tuning
3 stars for RPG , Whipple
1 star for Livernois, ARH headers, Rogue racing
@2014RubyRed (Maybe with that ****** attitude you have they are just ******* with you......lol)
yes you right my ****** attitude and my ****** money is all about it , if you take my ****** money pls deliver your merchandise on time .

Last edited:

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to JDM. One stop shop.
Or fiddle around trying to save $100 and then spend $800 more changing tunes and tuners 3 times like I did.
I should have just started and ended with JDM.

Big Johnson

Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with Whipple, or any screw for that matter. I have run both magnuson and whipple (not on a raptor) the tvs have come a long way but they are still a roots style blower (classified as hybrid now I believe) a screw is the most efficient. I am not sure whether they are making a 2.9L like whipple but I run one on a non raptor and it is amazing. The 2.3L are fine if you are after moderate gains with lower boost levels.

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
>>> I will highly recommend Whipple Gen 3, <<<
You highly recommend Whipple, and in the same breath, you bad mouth them!
Isn't that talking out of both sides of your mouth?!!!