I have decided to purchase a ProCharger.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I have been pondering my options and keeping my decision on the down low for a while. But now that the embroidery business has taken off, I want to kind of have a more attention grabbing Raptor. This will help out at shows to keep people looking and draw attention. I've been wondering if going to a built motor would help but 4k plus at livernois (cams rocker brace etc.) Would suffice. But I found a local shop willing to fab a 2 stage filter. The kit will be bolted on by me. The truck is driven daily and since I'm approaching my warranty mark, I want to have a little fun! Nothing wrong with that.

My inspiration came from a friend with a 5.0 f150 that he procharged. The difference is astonishing and the kit sounds great. He muds/Offroads a lot and the procharger intake has caused 0 issues.

I've been working hard setting half and half away (from embroidery and work) to college and towards the kit. I almost have enough saved up. I had a decent bill me later balance that I just about have paid off. I will make the purchase through PayPal this summer.

I'm just looking for tips and tricks. If you guys think a Whipple 2.9 would be a better route, let me hear it. But honestly, I think the procharger is the best option.

Like I said, I attend car shows and I'll start setting up my machines a lot more often at them and having a procharged attention grabbing truck will help out a ton. I'm not looking to use it to street race and stupid stuff like that, just a little fun added to my every day drives.

Thanks in advance guys, keep negative comments to yourselves please!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who would you get to do your tuning? I think I remember a few trucks detonating that had prochargers due to poor tuning.

D

Deleted member 12951

Wasn't ProCharger what Hennessey used that would catch fire until they switched?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Root v. Centrifugal Superchargers...

I would agree a good custom tune is VERY important.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, before you purchase make sure you have a very good tuner who is within driving distance of you that can do a dyno tune. You don't want to get the kit just to find out the tuner you chose doesn't know jack shit about the 6.2L motor. The 5.0 in the F150 is almost the same as the 5.0 in the Mustang so tuning is very easy for most guys.

Centri vs Twin Screw is another debate and there are pros and cons to both. First and foremost, definitely make sure the tuner you're using has experience tuning Raptors, not just F150's.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I absolutely would not have a tune just sent to u. U should have it tuned in person with a close eye on AFR. The tune is key with FI.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk